Tel: (215) 885-1636
- Ancillae-Assumpta Academy is a private, co-educational, Catholic elementary school conducted by the Handmaids of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
- Our educational philosophy, given the acronym, R.I.C.E., promotes an integral understanding and practice of shared responsibility, human interdependence, dynamic creativity, and people empowerment.
- In an atmosphere which emphasizes gospel values, our students learn in theory and experience, to appreciate the importance of a global viewpoint and to see the inter relatedness of peoples, which prepares them for the challenges and demands of the future.
- To meet these demanding challenges, we dedicate all our resources: a liberating theology, quality teachers, structural know-how, a constantly evolving curriculum, critical teaching and thinking skills.
- In a spirit of hope, we share responsibility, work interdependently, think creatively, and promote the empowerment of people.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2018|
|Total Students||590 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||64 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rita Cullison|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glenside Grades: PK-12 | 252 students
35 Hillcrest Avenue
Glenside, PA 19038
(215) 233-0782 2.8 PK-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.