Merryhill Elementary School
- Our K-8 elementary school curriculum is built on sound research, proven principles, and local communities of learning that foster academic excellence.
- We help your child to establish a rich educational foundation for ongoing learning and achievement.
- Small class sizes allow one-on-one interaction between your child and our teachers who are specially trained to be attentive to his or her unique learning style.
- They are able to adapt each day's lesson to ensure that your child understands new concepts and is proficient in new skills.
Merryhill Elementary School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||126 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition discounts through corporate partnerships with Cisco, Intel, HP, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Genentech, AMD, Oracle.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Karen Cooper|
|Admissions Associate||Yesenia Camacho|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, VolleyballBasketball, Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Chess, Chorus, Competitive Sports, Karate, Orchestra, Robotics|
- Educational Field Trips
- Promethean Board and Computer Lab for Kindergarten and up
- Specialists teach Computer, Art, PE, Spanish, Music
- Core teachers stay for "Homework Club" after school.
- Daycare provided during Academic Break periods such as winter and spring break
Profile last updated:
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.