Merryhill Elementary School
- Our K-8 elementary school curriculum is built on sound research, proven principles, and local communities of learning that foster academic excellence.
- We help your child to establish a rich educational foundation for ongoing learning and achievement.
- Small class sizes allow one-on-one interaction between your child and our teachers who are specially trained to be attentive to his or her unique learning style.
- They are able to adapt each day's lesson to ensure that your child understands new concepts and is proficient in new skills.
Merryhill Elementary School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||126 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition discounts through corporate partnerships with Cisco, Intel, HP, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Genentech, AMD, Oracle.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Karen Cooper|
|Admissions Associate||Yesenia Camacho|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, VolleyballBasketball, Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Chess, Chorus, Competitive Sports, Karate, Orchestra, Robotics|
- Educational Field Trips
- Promethean Board and Computer Lab for Kindergarten and up
- Specialists teach Computer, Art, PE, Spanish, Music
- Core teachers stay for "Homework Club" after school.
- Daycare provided during Academic Break periods such as winter and spring break
Profile last updated:
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.