Mid-peninsula High School
5.00 (1 review)
- Mid-Peninsula High School, a community for learning, offers students a stimulating, safe environment that empowers them to reach their full academic and social potential.
- As a small, caring, educational community, we work to strengthen relationships between students, their families, and the school.
- We recognize and understand unique learning styles and create academic programs designed to meet each student's needs.
- Our expectation is that Mid-Peninsula High School students will become capable, self-directed individuals who care about themselves, their families, and their communities.
- We serve students from communities on the Peninsula including the East Bay, San Jose, South Peninsula, and the city of San Francisco.
- Our campus is BART, CalTrain, Dumbarton Express, and SAMTRANS accessible.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Classes are mainstream; mild learning differences can be supported; full-time learning specialist|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||107 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No formal dress code.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,740|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Andrea Henderson|
|Admissions Associate||Jamie Schiessler|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
- Mid-Pen has a recently remodeled campus in Menlo Park that offers a number of amenities including but not limited to:
- BBQ Pits for school-wide BBQ's
- An Outdoor Eating Area
- Two Fully Equipped Laboratory Classrooms
- An Art Studio With Pottery Kiln And A Silk-Screen Studio
- A College-Rated Gymnasium With Male And Female Locker Rooms And Showers and a Weight-Lifting Room
- A Sound Proof Room For Music Classes
- An Open, Well-Lit Student Center
- And More
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atherton Grades: 6-12 | 795 students
50 Valparaiso Ave
Atherton, CA 94027
(650)330-2000 2.7 6-12
- East Palo Alto Grades: 9-12 | 253 students
1041 Myrtle St
East Palo Alto, CA 94303
(650)688-0850 1.5 9-12
- Portola Valley Grades: 6-12 | 375 students
302 Portola Road
Portola Valley, CA 94028
(650)851-8223 7.8 6-12
- San Mateo Grades: 9-12 | 880 students
451 W 20th Ave
San Mateo, CA 94403
(650)345-8207 10.2 9-12
- Burlingame Grades: 6-12 | 534 students
400 Uplands Drive
Burlingame, CA 94010
(650)342-4175 11.6 6-12
This school has changed my son's life! He was in PAUSD K-8 and hated school. I was frustrated as a parent because even though he had an IEP, he was not getting the help he needed. Now, becasue of Mid-Pen, he is THRIVING. I can not say enough about this school where every student is known and every student is cared for. If you want your child to have a great education in a true school COMMUNITY, Mid-Pen is the place!
- Posted by Parent - thawi
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.