Mid-peninsula High School
5.00 (1 review)
- Mid-Peninsula High School, a community for learning, offers students a stimulating, safe environment that empowers them to reach their full academic and social potential.
- As a small, caring, educational community, we work to strengthen relationships between students, their families, and the school.
- We recognize and understand unique learning styles and create academic programs designed to meet each student's needs.
- Our expectation is that Mid-Peninsula High School students will become capable, self-directed individuals who care about themselves, their families, and their communities.
- We serve students from communities on the Peninsula including the East Bay, San Jose, South Peninsula, and the city of San Francisco.
- Our campus is BART, CalTrain, Dumbarton Express, and SAMTRANS accessible.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Classes are mainstream; mild learning differences can be supported; full-time learning specialist|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||107 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No formal dress code.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,740|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Andrea Henderson|
|Admissions Associate||Jamie Schiessler|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
- Mid-Pen has a recently remodeled campus in Menlo Park that offers a number of amenities including but not limited to:
- BBQ Pits for school-wide BBQ's
- An Outdoor Eating Area
- Two Fully Equipped Laboratory Classrooms
- An Art Studio With Pottery Kiln And A Silk-Screen Studio
- A College-Rated Gymnasium With Male And Female Locker Rooms And Showers and a Weight-Lifting Room
- A Sound Proof Room For Music Classes
- An Open, Well-Lit Student Center
- And More
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atherton Grades: 6-12 | 799 students
50 Valparaiso Ave
Atherton, CA 94027
(650)330-2000 2.7 6-12
- East Palo Alto Grades: 9-12 | 253 students
1041 Myrtle St
East Palo Alto, CA 94303
(650)688-0850 1.5 9-12
- Portola Valley Grades: 6-12 | 375 students
302 Portola Road
Portola Valley, CA 94028
(650)851-8223 7.8 6-12
- San Mateo Grades: 9-12 | 880 students
451 W 20th Ave
San Mateo, CA 94403
(650)345-8207 10.2 9-12
- Mountain View Grades: 8-12 | 70 students
2462 Wyandotte Street
Mountain View, CA 94043
(650)493-7071 4.8 8-12
This school has changed my son's life! He was in PAUSD K-8 and hated school. I was frustrated as a parent because even though he had an IEP, he was not getting the help he needed. Now, becasue of Mid-Pen, he is THRIVING. I can not say enough about this school where every student is known and every student is cared for. If you want your child to have a great education in a true school COMMUNITY, Mid-Pen is the place!
- Posted by Parent - thawi
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.