Midwestern Christian Academy
- Midwestern Christian Academy has been serving families on Chicago's northwest side for over 60 years. Located on Cicero Ave. just south of the six points at Cicero, Milwaukee and Irving Park, MCA provides a quality academic experience based on a Christian educational philosophy which teaches the whole child; intellect, soul and spirit and physical body. Our main curriculum objectives connect the knowledge and skills acquired in the classroom to a practical Christian worldview. We are an Illinois Recognized School and have met all requirements for our candidacy for full accreditation. We offer full day early education for 3 and 4 year olds and academic instruction for students in grades Kindergarten through 8th. Our tuition rates are low, we offer abundant financial aid and multiple child discounts.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||254 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 31|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||New Family Discounts, Financial Aid Available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Libby Stack|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Choir, Concert Band, General Music, Puppets, String Orchestra
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Daily Recess for All Students, Physical Education for All Grades, Youth Basketball Leauges
- Our newly renovated campus provides students with a safe learning environment and consists of four buildings including a Pre-Kindergarten building, the main campus building which houses Kindergarten through Grade 5, the cafeteria and school offices, the middle school suite and a gym which also contains a band room and a choir/music classroom.
- Our academic program is excellent and our students collectively achieve high scores on achievement tests based on national standards. We also offer extra-curricular activities including athletics for students in grades 4-8, band for students in grades 4-8, choir for all students and art for all students. We have a portable computer lab and laptop computers are available for use in every classroom.
- The spiritual life of the school consists of a weekly worship service which we call "Chapel," featuring praise music and a speaker. Each student is involved in a Bible class as part of their every day schedule. We start each day with student led prayer. We encourage our students to become involved in their local church's ministry. All of our faculty and staff members are Christians who are mature in their faith and see their job here as a ministry calling. The school is interdenominational and there are more than 40 different churches represented in the school community.
- With over 60 years of experience as a school, and a commitment to provide an affordable education to families who want their children to be educated in a physically and intellectually safe environment, MCA utilizes many available resources which help keep the cost of tuition and fees at a minimum. You will find that your out of pocket costs here will be less than at most other private, Christian, Lutheran or Catholic schools in the city. And our early education program is much less expensive than day care.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-12 | 415 students
119 S Central Park Blvd
Chicago, IL 60624
(773) 722-4600 4.8 PK-12
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.