- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 220 students
- Yearly Tuition: $12,990
- Average class size: 25 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Dress code listed in the Parent Handbook
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
Journalism Club, Middle School Gaming Society, Spotlight Kids Drama Club, Spotlight Kids Junior
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Studios, Keiki Hula, Vocal Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- MILLHOPPER MONTESSORI SCHOOL,LLC is accredited by the Florida Council of Independent Schools, the Florida Kindergarten Council and is affiliated with the American Montessori Society. The school was founded in 1977. The Millhopper Montessori School enjoys a spacious facility for its extensive private educational program in Gainesville. The Millhopper Montessori School serves children ages two through 8th grade. True to its Montessori heritage, the staff fosters creative thinking and problem-solving through the use of manipulative and other educational tools. A diversified curriculum ensures all aspects of your child`s educational needs will be met. Our low student-teacher ratio, one-to-one and small group instruction, and complete Montessori curriculum enables children to have a self-paced individualized program. Hands-on materials enhance visual and kinesthetic learning, while independence and self-discipline develop through the classroom dynamics. Subject areas include practical life, math, geometry, botany, zoology, geology, astronomy, health sciences, art, drama, music, movement, Spanish, media, theatre, and seasonal activities. Christina Miller is the founder and director of Millhopper Montessori School. She is trained and certified by the Montessori Association of Florida (MAF) for pre-primary, American Montessori Society (AMS) in Elementary, holds a B.A. in elementary education and an M.A. in curriculum design. Her many pursuits include co-owner of Dynamic Didactic Developware, a software company that created "Mentors Mathematic" an innovative software and manipulative program used to teach younger children place value in the four mathematic operations.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Millhopper Montessori School cost?
What sports does Millhopper Montessori School offer?
When is the application deadline for Millhopper Montessori School?
Endorse Millhopper Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards