Tel: (352) 378-9337
Cornerstone Academy Photo #2 - Cornerstone Academy offers a variety of extra-curricular activities for students to participate in. We recognize the positive benefits of student involvement in both competitive and non-competitive clubs and teams that link academic learning with real-world, hands-on activities. Through participation in clubs and sports, students will build strong relationships and gain a deeper understanding of how to apply academic and spiritual
Cornerstone Academy Photo #3 - Since God is a creator and evidence of His creativity is found throughout scripture, we know He is creative and thus, so are we, His creations. Our desire is to cultivate the talent in our students, give them ample opportunities to use it, and teach them how to express a biblical worldview through their art.
We offer a full college preparatory academic program in a combination schedule of classroom study and home study for Pre-K through 12th grade.
Cornerstone is unique in that we offer a 3,4,or 5 day study option for students K5-8th grades and a 4 or 5 day study option for our 9th-12th grades. Our Classic University Model program of study, which Cornerstone was founded on, takes place on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday for grades K5-8th, while parents oversee home study with teacher-directed lesson plans on Monday and/or Thursday.
Our VPK program runs Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:00am-1:00pm
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||184 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus BC, AP Computer Science, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Macroeconomics, AP Physics|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$5,390.00 (K-5th) $6,445.00 (6th-12th)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Amber Livingston|
|Admissions Associate||Judy Jones|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Junior Classical League, Robotics|
- Cornerstone Academy's Robotics program has won in both national and international competition. This year they won 1st in the nation at the TSA competition in Electron=ic Reasearch and Design.The Athletic Department offers a full range of sports for students in 1st through 12th grades. The Varsity Soccer, Volleyball and Basketball teams have competed at the national level.
- Our 100% of our AP Calculus students earned 5s, and 66% of the AP Physics students earned 4s.
- Cornerstone Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs, athletic and other school-administered programs.
- Cornerstone Academy is a non-church affiliated, private Christian school.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gainesville Grades: PK-12 | 270 students
10926 Nw 39th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32606
(352) 332-1493 5.3 PK-12
- Gainesville Grades: K-12 | 111 students
1520 Nw 34th St
Gainesville, FL 32605
(352) 378-5190 0 K-12
- Gainesville Grades: PK-12 | 526 students
9818 SW 24th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32607
(352) 331-7625 5.1 PK-12
- Gainesville Grades: PK-5 | 245 students
1111 Nw 55th St
Gainesville, FL 32605
(352) 373-3222 1.7 PK-5
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.