Miss Hall's School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (413) 499-1300
Miss Hall's School Photo #2 - "The best thing about MHS is how friendly everyone is and how easy it is to become part of the community. I had an abundance of new friends on the first day of orientation, and I had bonded with my teachers by the end of the first week of classes." - Current Student
Miss Hall's School Photo #3 - Thursdays means Horizons at MHS. It also means the entire school day changes: ninth grade students immerse themselves in on-campus workshops and projects that prepare them for future Horizons work. Sophomores, juniors and seniors spend the morning volunteering and interning around the Berkshire community or leading on-campus, independent projects that shape the world around them.
Miss Hall's School Photo #4 - Step outside the classroom onto our fields, courts, and trails. Athletics at MHS allows you to compete at the highest level while building confidence and leadership skills.
Miss Hall's School Photo #5 - At MHS, we believe the arts are an instrinsic part of the human experience, and we take full advantage of opportunities in the cultural center that is the Berkshires. Students experiment with new forms of creativity, gain respect for artistic tradition, and find their artistic voice.
Miss Hall's School Photo #6 - The MHS graduate is a thinker, a creator and a contributor to the common good. She is a global citizen, a self-aware, resilient, and courageous participant in a multicultural society. Empowered by skills and knowledge, the MHS graduate is able to solve problems with intellect and creativity while embracing a spirit of exploration and curiosity.
Founded in 1898, Miss Hall`s School is a four-year, college preparatory boarding and day school for girls in grades 9-12, located in Pittsfield, the largest city in the Berkshire Hills of Western Massachusetts.The School provides a rigorous college preparatory program while supporting a culture of inclusivity, service, and leadership.
Our program is enhanced by offerings in the arts and athletics, and by its nationally recognized Horizons program.
Guided by our mission and sharpened by daily practice, our School continuously reimagines girl-centered education to foster a pioneering intellectual spirit and an authentic engagement between students and adults.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Various - Support offered in the Academic Skills Center|
|Total Students||170 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP U.S. History, Hallmark English: Literary Ghosts, Hallmark French, Hallmark History: Rethinking the Mediterranean, Hallmark Latin, Hallmark Math: Project-Based Statistics, Hallmark Spanish, Hallmark: Art Intensive, Hallmark: Environmental Science, Human Geography, Independent Projects in Art|
|Average SAT score||1291|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$62,400|
|Tuition Notes||$62,400 Boarding $37,850 Day $66,150 International Boarding At Miss Hall’s, the cost of tuition is tailored to each family’s abilities, needs, and circumstances. Find out more at https://www.misshalls.org/tuition.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$39,618|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||David Hopkins|
|Endowment Size||$15 million|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Golf, Lacrosse, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Admission Ambassadors, Art Club, Athletic Association, Environmental Club, Essence (Diversity Group), Fitness Swimming, French Club, Golf, Grace Notes, Hallmark (Yearbook), Hallways (Newspaper), Instrumental Ensemble, International Student Alliance, Latin Club, Movement and Dance, Recreational Skiing and Snowboarding, Recreational Tennis, Social Committee, Sol (Poetry), Spanish Club, Student Council, Technical Theatre, Theatre Ensemble, Vocal Ensemble, Yoga|
Club or Organization:
Field Hockey, Spectrum - LGBTQ
- Our program intentionally builds the intellect, skills, and mindset that empower young women to contribute boldly and creatively to an evolving global society, while preparing them to pursue higher levels of education and lifelong learning. Miss Hall`s is gradually moving beyond the College Board`s AP curriculum in order to align more closely with our mission and strategic priorities. We have designed new "Hallmark" courses to allow for more personalized, in-depth, and sustained inquiry at the highest level available in our school. Hallmark classes provide in-depth, demanding coursework that serves students who are seeking to examine and understand a subject above and beyond our standard college preparatory curriculum. Students can challenge themselves with our most personalized and rigorous course offerings in each subject. Most Hallmark courses culminate in a creative, public presentation of learning. Hallmark courses foster intellectual curiosity and allow our students to engage with the world through critical discourse as well as provide opportunities for deep investigation and thematic study.
- Our experiential service-learning program, Horizons, is embedded in the academic life of Miss Hall`s and serves as a bridge from the classroom to the real world. On Thursday mornings each year, students are required to take part in on- and off-campus volunteering, internships, and projects, which evolve sequentially throughout grade levels. Seniors participate in yearlong professional internships or individualized projects tailored to their interests, in partnership with local community organizations and businesses.
- To learn more about what is happening at Miss Hall's School
right now, visit our social media sites:
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Concord Grades: 9-12 | 395 students
166 Main Street
Concord, MA 01742
(978) 402-2250 96.4 9-12
- Boston Grades: 5-12 | 471 students
103 Pilgrim Road
Boston, MA 02215
(617) 735-9503 109.2 5-12
Great campus, supportive teachers, and friendly community.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jo
I consider myself extremely lucky to have had the opportunity to attend Miss Hall's School. From the tight-knit community, to the incredible athletics program, to the amazing arts programs, I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here at Miss Hall's. One aspect that I want to highlight is the stellar athletics program. A misconception about many girls schools is that they have sub-par athletics, but this is not true in our case. Many of our varsity teams have made it to the esteemed NEPSAC (New England Private Schools Athletic Conference), and we are fierce competitors in every sport. Specifically, our volleyball, basketball, and alpine skiing teams have made the most appearances in the NEPSAC tournament, but every team is competitive and super fun! I loved the overall atmosphere of all the sports at Miss Hall's and I always felt welcomed and encouraged to try new sports and join new teams. There is no varsity to JV hierarchy, which can occur at some schools; often times, JV and Varsity will practice or play together. I've made some of my best friends through playing soccer here, and I will miss the positive, family atmosphere of playing sports at Miss Hall's. I love that Miss Hall`s encourages you to try new things and have fun!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Merriam Lrhazi
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.