At Mission Academy, our mission is to empower K-8 students to live meaningful lives by providing an environment where they discover their unique strengths, learn real-world skills, and grow in good character.
Children get one shot at their education, so they need to learn what matters most.
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 51%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
A registration fee of $375 is due upon signing.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
- Is Your Child's Education Setting Them Up For Success?
- Young people need to learn the right things to help them fulfill their dreams. At Mission Academy, our mission is to empower K-8 grade students to live meaningful lives by providing an environment where they discover their unique strengths, learn real-world skills, and grow in good character. Children get one shot at their education, so they need to learn what matters most.
- Three Ways Learning Is Different at Mission Academy.
- It's Student-Centered:
- We empower kids to own their learning.No homework here. Instead, we help students set goals, manage their time, and work at their own pace. Students learn by engaging in hands-on projects in science, art, and technology. This is authentic learning, not focused on passing tests or memorizing facts.
- Focused On The Real World:
- We believe students learn by doing-whether it's launching a startup business, playing an instrument, or programming a robot in their summer apprenticeship. Our scholars are building real-world skills every day and paving a path to success in the future.
- Guided, Not Taught:
- Learning should reflect the unique personality and interests of the learner.Instead of boring lectures, our Guides lead small groups, helping students set goals and discover their own learning path. With small groups, caring adults, and lots of freedom, kids are empowered to learn.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Mission Academy cost?
Mission Academy's tuition is approximately $9,500 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Mission Academy?
The acceptance rate of Mission Academy is 70%, which is lower than the national average of 87%. Mission Academy's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in New Mexico with low acceptance rates.
What is Mission Academy's ranking?
Mission Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New Mexico for: Lowest average acceptance rates.
When is the application deadline for Mission Academy?
The application deadline for Mission Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
I work at Mission Academy as part of the support staff. Our staff here is absolutely amazing, employing some of the most dedicated and creative people I've worked with to date. Students are welcomed and cherished in small mixed-grade studios, which allow for each learner to be taught at their level. Creativity and pursuing one's own passions is something that is encouraged here, which also means we expect and honor failures as part of the experience. Character matters at Mission Academy, which is something that is a priority for me personally as well. One of my favorite things about our school is our TimberNook activities, which allow for an immersive outdoor deep-play experience in which the adults are simply observers once the 'task' for the day has been assigned. Overall, Mission Academy is a great place to attend school. Miss Kristy
We have been part of the Mission Academy community for many years and our kids love going to school! They are thriving academically and socially. Mission Academy provides a great balance between structured learning, project-based learning, and less structured opportunities to grow. Timbernook is a unique offering and the highlight of their weeks. The administrators, teachers, and staff do a fantastic job of offering a nurturing environment that also holds the kids accountable for their academics and their behavior in the school community.
Mission Academy has been a great school for our boys. If you're looking for an "out of the box" experience and Montessori experience for your children, this is the place to be! Both of our boys are hands-on learners and have strived tremendously in all subjects. Timbernook is always the best learning experience for them and the educational field trips are a blast! The school encourages parent involvement and invests quality time in students; whether it is with one student or several! You will not be disappointed.
Acton Las Cruces is a great school that offers a true self-paced, student led education where children are actively involved in the day-to-day operations that make up their education. Children at Acton Academy are motivated to learn and take responsibility for their education without the burden of standardized testing, busy work in class and state driven education restrictions. We have two daughter's at Acton Academy and my wife and I can clearly see an increased ability to think through problems on their own - critical thinking skills important in adult life. When they cannot figure out on their own, they use each other as a source and method to solve a problem together.
Acton Academy Las Cruces is an amazing school. Currently, our two children attend and they absolutely enjoy every day at Acton. We appreciate how the school utilizes hands-on-projects called quests and experts that visit Acton to discuss their field. For example, their financial quest had a licensed stock broker visit the school to discuss stocks. Another example was the architecture quest where a licensed architect judged the students (a.k.a. Eagles) based on answers about their scale model design that they built. In addition to the quests, the school uses the Socratic methodology in which the guides (a.k.a. teachers) ask questions and do not give direct answers. The guide will continue to ask the Eagle questions until the Eagle gets an answer on their own. The Eagles are learning to become independent. There is no need to wait for the guide and fellow Eagles if the Eagle has a passion to learn more. Our one Eagle enjoys math and he`s currently doing 5th grade math even though he`s only eight years old. Las Cruces` community is very fortunate to have this school. The guides and Head of School are fantastic. They are so kind, understanding, and wonderful people who want to positively lead our children into the era. Thank You!
Endorse Mission Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Secrets to Becoming a Great School
Discover the essential ingredients that drive academic success and cultivate a thriving school community.
Keep track of application deadlines as well as all the other aspects of choosing a school.
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.