Monte Vista Christian School
- We take our mission seriously to "empower students to achieve their highest potential through Christ-centered educational excellence." Because all of us are made in the image of God, our learners have infinite worth and amazing hearts, minds, and abilities; they have potential to be, understand, and do far more than they imagine.
- We empower them to see the world and themselves as they really are: beautiful and broken, glorious and messy; and we invite them to learn, grow, and ultimately participate in Christ`s work of restoring their humanity and the whole world.
Monte Vista Christian School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1000 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra II Honors, Biology AP, Biology Honors, Calculus AB AP, Calculus BC AP, Chemistry AP, Chemistry Honors, Economics Honors, Economics Macro AP, Economics Micro AP, English I Honors, English II Honors, English Language and Composition AP, English Literature and Composition AP, European History AP, Geometry Honors, Government and Politics AP, Human Anatomy/Physiology Honors, Japanese Language & Culture AP, Music Theory AP, Physics C Mechanics AP, Physics Honors, Precalculus Honors, Psychology AP, Spanish Language & Culture AP, Speech and Debate Advanced, Statistics AP, Studio Art 2-D AP, Studio Art 3-D AP, Studio Art Drawing AP, US History AP, World History Honors|
|Average SAT score||1160|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||MS Tuition $11300 HS Day Student Tuition $13575 HS Boarding Tuition $48225|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kim Dawes, Director of Enrollment Management|
|Admissions Associate||Brianna Medina-Adm Associate|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
California Junior Scholarship Federation, California Scholarship Federation, National Honor Society
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Band, Ceramics, Chamber Choir, Choir, Chorale, Digital Video, Entertainment Technology, Graphic Design, Guitar Ensemble, Jazz Ensemble, Orchestra, Photography, Theater Arts, Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
At Monte Vista Christian, we exemplify Christ-centered character, understanding, and relationships.
- Character: We are committed to both introducing people to Christ (initiating faith), and discipling people for Christ (perfecting faith), to cultivate a culture that honors God.
- Understanding: We are committed to achieving academic excellence through traditional and innovative subjects of study, distinction in extracurricular activities, and Biblical truth.
- Relationships: We are committed to developing meaningful relationships among students, staff, faculty, parents, our community, and the world through learning (academic activities), loving (spiritual activities), and serving (outreach activities).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Watsonville Grades: PK-12 | 292 students
376 S Green Valley Rd
Watsonville, CA 95076
(831)724-6505 3.4 PK-12
- Portola Valley Grades: 6-12 | 375 students
302 Portola Road
Portola Valley, CA 94028
(650)851-8223 36.6 6-12
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.