Monte Vista Christian School
- We take our mission seriously to "empower students to achieve their highest potential through Christ-centered educational excellence." Because all of us are made in the image of God, our learners have infinite worth and amazing hearts, minds, and abilities; they have potential to be, understand, and do far more than they imagine.
- We empower them to see the world and themselves as they really are: beautiful and broken, glorious and messy; and we invite them to learn, grow, and ultimately participate in Christ`s work of restoring their humanity and the whole world.
Monte Vista Christian School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1000 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra II Honors, Biology AP, Biology Honors, Calculus AB AP, Calculus BC AP, Chemistry AP, Chemistry Honors, Economics Honors, Economics Macro AP, Economics Micro AP, English I Honors, English II Honors, English Language and Composition AP, English Literature and Composition AP, European History AP, Geometry Honors, Government and Politics AP, Human Anatomy/Physiology Honors, Japanese Language & Culture AP, Music Theory AP, Physics C Mechanics AP, Physics Honors, Precalculus Honors, Psychology AP, Spanish Language & Culture AP, Speech and Debate Advanced, Statistics AP, Studio Art 2-D AP, Studio Art 3-D AP, Studio Art Drawing AP, US History AP, World History Honors|
|Average SAT score||1160|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||MS Tuition $11300 HS Day Student Tuition $13575 HS Boarding Tuition $48225|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kim Dawes, Director of Enrollment Management|
|Admissions Associate||Brianna Medina-Adm Associate|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
California Junior Scholarship Federation, California Scholarship Federation, National Honor Society
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Band, Ceramics, Chamber Choir, Choir, Chorale, Digital Video, Entertainment Technology, Graphic Design, Guitar Ensemble, Jazz Ensemble, Orchestra, Photography, Theater Arts, Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
At Monte Vista Christian, we exemplify Christ-centered character, understanding, and relationships.
- Character: We are committed to both introducing people to Christ (initiating faith), and discipling people for Christ (perfecting faith), to cultivate a culture that honors God.
- Understanding: We are committed to achieving academic excellence through traditional and innovative subjects of study, distinction in extracurricular activities, and Biblical truth.
- Relationships: We are committed to developing meaningful relationships among students, staff, faculty, parents, our community, and the world through learning (academic activities), loving (spiritual activities), and serving (outreach activities).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Watsonville Grades: PK-12 | 292 students
376 S Green Valley Rd
Watsonville, CA 95076
(831)724-6505 3.4 PK-12
- Portola Valley Grades: 6-12 | 375 students
302 Portola Road
Portola Valley, CA 94028
(650)851-8223 36.6 6-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.