St. Francis High School - Salesian College Preparatory
5.00 (1 review)
St. Francis High School - Salesian College Preparatory Photo #3 - Members of our Music Ministry program led by Performing Arts Director Dan Dewig
St. Francis High School - Salesian College Preparatory Photo #4 - St. Francis is a welcoming community of faith where 100% of our students graduate and qualify for 4-year universities. 86% choose to attend 4 year schools while 14% choose 2-year colleges. 100% who apply to college are accepted.
St. Francis High School - Salesian College Preparatory Photo #5 - We celebrate diversity and draw students from 2 dioceses, 4 counties, and 5 countries outside of the USA.
St. Francis High School - Salesian College Preparatory Photo #6 - In the last 2 years we have celebrated 124 graduates who have earned $12.6 M in college athletic and academic scholarships. Our graduates include a Super Bowl 50 winner, an X-Game medalist, a broadway performer, and a recently signed Oakland A's baseball player.
St. Francis High School - Salesian College Preparatory Photo #7 - St. Francis celebrates a lively student life program with 5 dances a year, rallies for each sports season and Christmas, 20+ clubs, ASB leadership opportunities, and our world famous school wide class competition...Battle for the Paddle!
- St. Francis High School: Salesian College Preparatory expresses the educational philosophy of reason, religion, and loving kindness of the Salesians of St. John Bosco and works to create a community that fosters emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and physical growth. In partnership with families, St. Francis High School provides male and female students with the foundations of lifelong learning: logical and creative thinking skills, promoting awareness of social justice and peace, and appreciation and respect for others.
- The faculty and staff actively seek to provide students in grades 9-12 with an experience of home, where they feel welcome; school, where they learn 21st century skills for life; church, where they find meaning; playground, where they celebrate life and others
- For the 2019-2020 school year, there are 56 freshmen, 73 sophomores, 61 juniors, and 50 seniors. Approximately 52% of the students are young men and 48% are young women.
- International students annually make up 2-5% of our total population. We welcome students who independantly seek admission and those who utilize the assistance of a recruiting agency. International students have been enrolled from the following counties: Mexico, China, Columbia, Brazil, South Korea, France, and Germany.
- St. Francis is a high performing college preparatory school that offers a comprehensive English Language Learners program, IEP/ISP/504 accommodations, Response to Intervention services, daily tutorial services on site, monthly all school studies, NHS/CSF peer tutoring, and 2 college/career counselors, to ensure every student is successful and qualifies for 4-year universities.
St. Francis High School - Salesian College Preparatory places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Visual Perceptual, Visual Motor Deficit, Non-Verbal Learning Disabilities, ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Auditory Processing Disorder|
|Total Students||240 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science Principles, English Language, English Literature, Government, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics 1, Psychology, Spanish Language, Studio Art, US History|
|Average SAT score||1120|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Polo shirt and khaki pants or skirt for girls)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 30 / May. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,850|
|Tuition Notes||This includes an iPad, retreats, field trip travel, and sports/arts travel|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Haydee Lemus|
|Admissions Associate||Neri Madrigal|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Surf Team, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBadminton, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Softball, Surf Team,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||30 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||ASB Student Council, Astronomy Club, Badminton Club, Bowling Club, California Scholarship Federation, Campus Ministry, Chess Club, Dance Committee, Ecology Club, Music Ministry, National Honor Society, Peer Tutoring, Photography Club, Poetry Club, Pro-life Club, St. Francis Ambassadors, Surfing Club, Sushi Club, Weight Lifting Club, Yoga Club|
Club or Organization:
Film/Videography Club, National English Honor Society, National Math Honor Society, Project Lead the Way - Biomedical Science Pathway, Project Lead the Way - Computer Science Pathway, Science National Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society, Website and IT
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir Club, Drumline
- St. Francis High School Salesian College Preparatory is a community of faith that fosters excellence through the charism of St. John Bosco. Our theme is: FAITH. FAMILY. SERVICE.
- St. Francis High School's vision is to ensure every student is prepared to attend a 4-year college and possesses the values of a good Christian and an honest global citizen
- Annually, 100% of our students are prepared for and qualify for university acceptance. 100% of the students who apply to 4-year universities are accepted to a university. The graduating Class of 2019 had 64 students who recieved %5.2 million in athletic and academic scholarships; the Class of 2018 had 60 students and was awarded $7.1 million dollars in college athletic and academic scholarships.
- Annually, 100% of our students meet or exceed their 80 hours of service learning projects. This last summer students completed service projects outside of our local community in Idaho, Peru, Mexico, Italy, Costa Rica, and Ghana.
- Annually, 99% of St. Francis graduates attend college, with 85% choosing to attend a 4-year university and 14% choosing a 2-year university.
- Annually, 82% of the total student population participates on one or more athletic teams, and 54% of all varsity student-athletes maintain a 3.0 GPA or better. These scholar athletes are recognized annually at a Breakfast of Champions ceremony.
- In the last 5 years we have celebrated an alumnus winning the Super Bowl with the Denver Broncos, an X-Games Champion, and an average of 3-5 student-athletes annually signing Division 1 athletic scholarships.
- St. Francis students test well above average on the AP, PSAT, and SAT exams. The 5-year SAT average for St. Francis is 1608, 110 points higher than the national average. The AP pass rate is 79.9%, 59% higher than the national average. In the past 5 years, a 100% pass rate has been achieved one or more times in AP Calculus AB, AP English Literature, AP English Language, AP Spanish, and AP Studio Art.
- Students can choose from 2 unique pathways in partnership with Project Lead the Way - a biomedical science pathway or computer science pathway - along with all of their honors and AP classes in a rigorous college prep environment
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Watsonville Grades: 6-12 | 1000 students
2 School Way
Watsonville, CA 95076
(831)722-8178 3.2 6-12
- Los Gatos Grades: 6-12
50 University Ave., Suite A300
Los Gatos, CA 95030
(408)354-0743 23.6 6-12
In our 3 years at St. Francis, as a parent, our experience has been nothing short of amazing. The environment the faculty, staff and students embark on fostering is one of caring, compassion and loving kindness coupled with an extremely rigorous curriculum and an emphasis on students participating in all aspects of their live...church, family, work and play. While every school has it's flaws, the few that are at St. Francis are minimized and issues are addressed immediately and directly with respect to all involved. It has been a wonderful environment for our son to fall down or sometimes struggle and subsequently learn and grow in his young adulthood...relatively safely. A bonus is because of it's small student population, just about any sport or activity your student considers, they will get playing/performance time...too small a school to ride the bench for too long...oh and pretty well despite our size both in league and CCS.
- Posted by Parent - John Morin
Nearby Homes for Sale
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.