Monterey Park Christian School
Tel: (323) 890-4545
At Monterey Park Christian School we commit to caring for each child with the love of Jesus.
Our curriculum is academic blended with hands-on activities. Our ultimate goal is to partner with parents to raise confident, responsible children that live the joyful, abundant life promised by Jesus Christ.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Church of the Nazarene|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Children needing one on one care|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||144 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$520|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool: $376-$642/mo. 3-5 days per week, part-time to full-time PreK:$356 - $623/mo. Kinder $561/mo.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$120|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Wong|
- MPCS maintains a ratio of 12 students to 1 teacher. Our youngest class (3 year olds) has a ratio of 8 students to 1 teacher. We offer 3 days - 5 days per week enrollment, part-time (8:00 - 12:15 or 1:30) and full-time (7:00AM - 6:00 PM). Beginning September 2014 we will be offering Mandarin and Spanish during our afternoon activities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Monterey Park Grades: PK-K | 87 students
333 S. Garfield Avenue
Monterey Park, CA 91754
(626) 573-1240 1.3 PK-K
- Monterey Park Grades: K-8 | 173 students
1501 S Atlantic Blvd
Monterey Park, CA 91754
(323) 261-6583 0.7 K-8
- Arcadia Grades: K-5 | 128 students
1307 E. Longden Ave.
Arcadia, CA 91006
(626) 442-7737 6.6 K-5
- Montebello Grades: PK-8 | 476 students
840 N Garfield Ave
Montebello, CA 90640
(323) 728-5435 0.8 PK-8
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.