Pearl Preparatory School
Pearl Prep uses a hands-on approach to education. All students go on monthly field trips in coordination with the classroom curriculum.
Pearl offers beginning band and recorder band to our 4th and 5th graders, so that all students will learn how to read music before graduating from Pearl. These bands perform at least three times throughout the school year.
Pearl has a comprehensive computer curriculum that teaches students how to do word processing, publishing, spreadsheets and Power Point presentations as young as 1st grade.
Pearl strives to 'Inspire Desire' within our students. We at Pearl believe that students learn more when they are having fun!
Pearl has a strong academic curriculum to prepare our students for college prep education. Students also compete academically in math and spelling competitions.
Pearl offers a wide variety of performing arts. Students will participate in the all-school choir and will perform before a large audience at least three times a year.
Academic success is important at Pearl. With our hands-on approach, our students score one to two years advanced in the major core subjects based on national standardized tests.
Students attend science camps each year including trips to Catalina Island, a covered wagon trip in Palm Desert and sailing on a Tall Ship in San Diego.
- Pearl Preparatory School was established to promote the comprehensive development of the average child through a stimulating, synergetic and wholesome environment.
- Pearl places a strong emphasis on character development throughout all aspects of the child's life including respect, self-discipline and basic moral and ethical values.
- Pearl Preparatory School provides a safe, nurturing environment that allows a child to learn without distraction.
- The school's gated campus is equipped with modern structures and buildings that reinforce the safety and security of the learning environment.
- Careful supervision by the school's faculty and staff further enhances a setting devoted to the child's well-being.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,250|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid is available|
|Admissions Director||Michaela Ixta|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||All School Choir, Arts & Crafts Classes, Beginning Band, Chess Classes & Tournaments, Computer Programming, Drama, Elective Classes: Lego & KNex Engineering, Hand Bell Choir, Kare Youth League After-School Sports, Robotics Beginning Band, Drama, Robotics, All School Choir,|
Arts & Crafts Classes,
Chess Classes & Tournaments,
Elective Classes: Lego & KNex Engineering,
Hand Bell Choir,
Kare Youth League After-School Sports,
- People that viewed Pearl Preparatory School also viewed these schools: Clairbourn School, All Souls World Language Catholic School, Ss Felicitas & Perpetua School, Holy Angels School and Immaculate Conception Annunciation Catholic School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San GabrielGrades: NS-8 | 285 students
8400 Huntington Drive
San Gabriel, CA 91775
- AlhambraGrades: PK-7 | 224 students
29 S Electric Avenue
Alhambra, CA 91801
- San MarinoGrades: K-8 | 258 students
2955 Huntington Dr
San Marino, CA 91108
- ArcadiaGrades: PK-8 | 300 students
360 Campus Dr
Arcadia, CA 91007
- MonroviaGrades: KG-8 | 169 students
2701 Peck Rd
Monrovia, CA 91016
December 12, 2017
If you have not looked for a job in the past several years, your job search probably needs a refresh. Here's how to do it.
December 12, 2017
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.
December 04, 2017
If you are responsible for marketing your school, you probably have encountered the term SEO. If you are unfamiliar with SEO, this article will introduce you to the basic concepts.