Montessori Academy At Spring Valley
Montessori Academy At Spring Valley Photo #2 - The Maypole dance is part of our year-end June Day Festivities. Parents, grandparents, and friends all welcome. Log on to our website at www.springvalley.org for more pictures and further information.
Montessori Academy At Spring Valley Photo #3 - Our school has participated in the Jump Rope for Heart fundraiser for the American Heart Association for 24 years and we've raised over $60,000 to help fund cardiovascular research and education programs.
Montessori Academy At Spring Valley Photo #4 - Students enjoy gardening in the Spring then harvesting in the Fall.
Montessori Academy At Spring Valley Photo #6 - During our Open House our older students share their Science Fair projects with the younger students and visitors.
Montessori Academy At Spring Valley Photo #7 - Our older students teach the younger students about the life cycle of the salmon during our Salmon in the Classroom program.
Montessori Academy At Spring Valley Photo #8 - The Upper Elementary and Middle School students putting on a holiday performance.
Montessori Academy At Spring Valley Photo #9 - We have an eight week Summer Camp Program and our students enjoy nature studies on our beautiful campus.
- Spring Valley Montessori School for Preschool through 8th grade students is situated on 14-acre wooded Campus in Federal Way where students experience Nature daily through Nature walks and Nature Studies.Students raise salmon from eggs and release the fingerlings into the slamon-run Hyleboss creek going through the Campus. Spring Valley has a strong French program..Spring Valley Montessori also offers MACTE accredited Montessori Teacher Education Programs at the Early Childhood and Elementary levels.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||83 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Montessori teacher education|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susan Hancock|
|Admissions Associate||Debbie Montgomery|
- Montessori Academy at Spring Valley provides classes for Preschool through 8th grade students. All early learning takes place initially through the senses. Given a prepared environment, the child will choose, from the varied and rich stimuli present, the tools necessary for his/her own natural growth. The Montessori environment is a positive, stimulating, and enriching environment for children of all ages, all cultural backgrounds, all capabilities and/or gifts. The work process involves attaining skills, refining tasks, developing sensitivities, strengthening concentration, solving problems, and achieving new insights. The goal is to become happy and useful members of society; to achieve the ability to cope" and to "adapt" well, and to gain competence to function in the real world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Federal Way Grades: PK-K | 37 students
35507 6th Avenue Sw
Federal Way, WA 98023
(253)942-7564 0.9 PK-K
- Federal Way Grades: PK-12 | 55 students
414 SW 312th Street
Federal Way, WA 98023
(253)839-7378 3.4 PK-12
- Federal Way Grades: PK-8 | 266 students
30527 8th Ave S
Federal Way, WA 98003
(253)839-3532 3.8 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.