Montessori Academy At Spring Valley
Tel: (253) 874-0563
Montessori Academy At Spring Valley Photo #2 - The Maypole dance is part of our year-end June Day Festivities. Parents, grandparents, and friends all welcome. Log on to our website at www.springvalley.org for more pictures and further information.
Montessori Academy At Spring Valley Photo #3 - Our school has participated in the Jump Rope for Heart fundraiser for the American Heart Association for 24 years and we've raised over $60,000 to help fund cardiovascular research and education programs.
Montessori Academy At Spring Valley Photo #4 - Students enjoy gardening in the Spring then harvesting in the Fall.
Montessori Academy At Spring Valley Photo #6 - During our Open House our older students share their Science Fair projects with the younger students and visitors.
Montessori Academy At Spring Valley Photo #7 - Our older students teach the younger students about the life cycle of the salmon during our Salmon in the Classroom program.
Montessori Academy At Spring Valley Photo #8 - The Upper Elementary and Middle School students putting on a holiday performance.
Montessori Academy At Spring Valley Photo #9 - We have an eight week Summer Camp Program and our students enjoy nature studies on our beautiful campus.
Montessori Academy at Spring Valley for Toddlers through 8th grade students is situated on 14-acre wooded Campus in Federal Way where students experience Nature daily through Nature walks and Nature Studies.Students raise salmon from eggs and release the fingerlings into the salmon-run Hyleboss creek going through the Campus. .Spring Valley Montessori also offers MACTE accredited Montessori Teacher Education Programs at the Early Childhood and Elementary levels.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$800|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||weekly payments of 200 plus registration fee.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||79 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Montessori teacher education|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|Tuition Notes||tuition is paid in 10 monthly payments; tuition assistance available for returning students based on need .|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susan Hancock|
|Admissions Associate||Debbie Montgomery|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Soccer, Track and FieldSoccer, Track and Field,|
- Montessori Academy at Spring Valley provides classes for Preschool through 8th grade students. All early learning takes place initially through the senses. Given a prepared environment, the child will choose, from the varied and rich stimuli present, the tools necessary for his/her own natural growth. The Montessori environment is a positive, stimulating, and enriching environment for children of all ages, all cultural backgrounds, all capabilities and/or gifts. The work process involves attaining skills, refining tasks, developing sensitivities, strengthening concentration, solving problems, and achieving new insights. The goal is to become happy and useful members of society; to achieve the ability to cope" and to "adapt" well, and to gain competence to function in the real world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Federal Way Grades: NS | 37 students
35507 6th Avenue Sw
Federal Way, WA 98023
(253) 942-7564 0.9 NS
- Federal Way Grades: PK-12 | 55 students
414 SW 312th Street
Federal Way, WA 98023
(253) 839-7378 3.4 PK-12
- Federal Way Grades: PK-8 | 269 students
30527 8th Ave S
Federal Way, WA 98003
(253) 839-3532 3.8 PK-8
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed schools profoundly. It has affected teaching and activities. We look at these changes and how they impact our lives.