Montessori Academy At Spring Valley
Montessori Academy At Spring Valley Photo #2 - The Maypole dance is part of our year-end June Day Festivities. Parents, grandparents, and friends all welcome. Log on to our website at www.springvalley.org for more pictures and further information.
Montessori Academy At Spring Valley Photo #3 - Our school has participated in the Jump Rope for Heart fundraiser for the American Heart Association for 24 years and we've raised over $60,000 to help fund cardiovascular research and education programs.
Montessori Academy At Spring Valley Photo #4 - Students enjoy gardening in the Spring then harvesting in the Fall.
Montessori Academy At Spring Valley Photo #6 - During our Open House our older students share their Science Fair projects with the younger students and visitors.
Montessori Academy At Spring Valley Photo #7 - Our older students teach the younger students about the life cycle of the salmon during our Salmon in the Classroom program.
Montessori Academy At Spring Valley Photo #8 - The Upper Elementary and Middle School students putting on a holiday performance.
Montessori Academy At Spring Valley Photo #9 - We have an eight week Summer Camp Program and our students enjoy nature studies on our beautiful campus.
- Spring Valley Montessori School for Preschool through 8th grade students is situated on 14-acre wooded Campus in Federal Way where students experience Nature daily through Nature walks and Nature Studies.Students raise salmon from eggs and release the fingerlings into the slamon-run Hyleboss creek going through the Campus. Spring Valley has a strong French program..Spring Valley Montessori also offers MACTE accredited Montessori Teacher Education Programs at the Early Childhood and Elementary levels.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||83 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Montessori teacher education|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susan Hancock|
|Admissions Associate||Debbie Montgomery|
- Montessori Academy at Spring Valley provides classes for Preschool through 8th grade students. All early learning takes place initially through the senses. Given a prepared environment, the child will choose, from the varied and rich stimuli present, the tools necessary for his/her own natural growth. The Montessori environment is a positive, stimulating, and enriching environment for children of all ages, all cultural backgrounds, all capabilities and/or gifts. The work process involves attaining skills, refining tasks, developing sensitivities, strengthening concentration, solving problems, and achieving new insights. The goal is to become happy and useful members of society; to achieve the ability to cope" and to "adapt" well, and to gain competence to function in the real world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Federal Way Grades: PK-K | 37 students
35507 6th Avenue Sw
Federal Way, WA 98023
(253)942-7564 0.9 PK-K
- Federal Way Grades: PK-12 | 55 students
414 SW 312th Street
Federal Way, WA 98023
(253)839-7378 3.4 PK-12
- Federal Way Grades: PK-8 | 266 students
30527 8th Ave S
Federal Way, WA 98003
(253)839-3532 3.8 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.