Montessori Academy of New Jersey
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (856) 461-2121
Montessori Academy of New Jersey Photo #2 - Our MISSION STATEMENT: To nurture and guide our students in the development of character, compassion, respect, curiosity and the means to learn, to invent, and participate fully and joyfully in life-independently and in collaboration with others. We pursue our mission by maintaining the highest standards of facility and instruction as set out by the Association Montessori Internationale.
Montessori Academy of New Jersey Photo #3 - In the toddler community, basic motor coordination, independence and language development are fostered. Individual personality is respected. A nurturing social community, very young children learn to participate in a cooperative group. It is a developmentally appropriate learning program with warm, nurturing and responsive care for children between the ages of 18 months and 3 years--15 months for stable walkers.
Montessori Academy of New Jersey Photo #4 - Children in the primary program, (ages 3 to 6), possess what Dr. Montessori called the absorbent mind, the ability to absorb all aspects of one's culture and environment without effort or fatigue. As an aid to this period of the child's self-construction, inidividual work is encouraged.
Montessori Academy of New Jersey Photo #5 - Practical Life exercises instill care for self, for others, and the environment. Activities include many tasks children see as part of the daily routine at home, such as preparing food and washing dishes, along with exercises of grace and courtesy. Through these tasks, children develop muscular coordination, enabling movement and the exploration of their surroundings.
Montessori Academy of New Jersey Photo #6 - Using an engaging research style of learning, elementary children, (ages 6 to12 years/1st grade through 6th grade), work individually or in small groups on a wide variety of projects meant to spark the imagination, engage the intellect and nurture natural characteristics and tendencies.
Montessori Academy of New Jersey Photo #7 - The learning appetite of children at this age is driven by the intense desire to understand the universe and their place in it. Guides direct work toward all aspects of life in an encompassing study of cosmic education. Cosmic education includes, but is not limited to, geography, biology, history, language, mathematics, geometry, science, music, art, morals and practical life.
Montessori Academy of New Jersey Photo #8 - In our middle school program, (ages 12 to 15 years/7th through 9th grade), we offer the adolescent a rigorous curriculum in language, science, math, arts and humanities. We provide ample opportunity for creative expression and physical activity. We incorporate foreign language study into our daily routine, in addition to daily foreign language lessons.
Montessori Academy of New Jersey Photo #9 - Through a variety of business endeavors such as selling produce from our garden, eggs from our chickens and lunch meals on given days, adolescents learn money management and financial responsibility. Classroom work is closely integrated with field study, goings out, visiting experts, work on our land and a range of other experiences.
- The Montessori Academy of New Jersey, a recognized member of theAssociation Montessori Internationale (AMI) was founded in1965.
- We offer programs for Toddler, Primary, Elementary and Middle School (Adolescent), along with before and after school care,Summer Session and Enrichment Programs that includes Yoga, Martial Arts, Piano, Guitar & Drum Lessons,Tennis, Basketball, Soccer & Softball Lessons.
- Our mission is to nurture and guide our students in the development of character, compassion, respect, curiosity and the means to learn, to invent and participate fully and joyfully in life--independently and in collaboration with others.
- We pursue our mission by maintaining the highest standard of facility and instruction as set out by the Association Montessori Internationale.
- The teachers at the Montessori Academy are trained and experienced in the Montessori Method.
- Their primary responsibility is to ensure the continuing development of each child; they set the stage, provide the correct props and leave the child free to learn.
- Our meticulously groomed 11 acre campus provides the perfect setting with meadows, nature trails, flower, herb and vegetable gardens, fitness circuit, and playgrounds, farm animals-which the elementary children care for-and a wide variety of indigenous and exotic trees.
Montessori Academy of New Jersey places among the top 20% of private schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
Other Montessori association(s)
Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Varies depending on program. Visit www.manj.org to request tuition rates.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies depending on program. Visit www.manj.org to request tuition rates.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ellen Fox|
|Admissions Associate||Kim Schemeley|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Martial Arts, Soccer, Softball, TennisBaseball, Basketball,|
Martial Arts, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Drum Lessons, Guitar Lessons, Piano Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
basketball Lessons, Karate Lessons, Soccer Lessons, Softball Lessons, Tennis Lessons, Yoga
- Member Association Montessori Internationale (AMI); Member North American Montessori Teachers` Association (NAMTA); New Jersey Montessori Administrators` Council (NJMAC); Independent School Management (ISM)
- Our objectives are to provide an environment that enables a child to develop into a mature adult and realize his or her full potential; one that will assist the child`s endeavors toward independence and intellectual growth; and provides the opportunityfor the child to develop self-reliance, self-esteem and confidence,as well as his or her sense of order, dexterity and sensory motorskills. We achieve this by providing an atmosphere of freedom within limits so that a child can develop self-discipline and one that aids the child`s development of respect for one`s self,others and the surrounding environment and consequently the whole world.
- Our commitment to the student encourages independent action in the pursuit of learning, and protects the opportunity to provide for participation in educational programs without regard to race,sex, color, creed or national origin.
- Programs offered: Toddler, Primary, Elementary and Middle School (Adolescent)
- Before & After Care and Summer Session
- Enrichment Programs: Drama, Yoga, Karate, Piano & Guitar Lessons,Tennis, Soocer, Softball and basketball Lessons & Foreign Language
- Click to view "A Day in theLifeof Montessori Academy"
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cherry Hill Grades: PK-12 | 325 students
5 Carnegie Plaza
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
(856) 489-6720 6.6 PK-12
- Burlington Grades: PK-K | 48 students
133 E Union St
Burlington, NJ 08016
(609) 387-5574 7.2 PK-K
- Burlington Grades: PK-8 | 236 students
250 James St
Burlington, NJ 08016
(609) 386-1645 7.1 PK-8
Great school with wonderful teachers, well organized and grounded in good values. My son has been started in toddler class, finished primary and is now in elementary. We love it!
- Posted by Parent - MS
MANJ is an amazing authentic Montessori school. The children learn great coping skills, executive functioning skills and self care skills. My children are growing into highly social, confident humans who have an innate joy of learning. They learn to take care of themselves and then care for the environment around them from a very young age. And they seem to enjoy doing this.
- Posted by Parent - FD
Not always " parent friendly" but 110% student friendly. Any problems/issues were created by other parents not wanting to follow the philosophy of Montessori. If you don't want to follow the tried and true rules then just dump your kid at any kiddie day care center. Just don't wonder why your child has behavioral problems!
- Posted by Parent - JEB
My years at this school were the amazing foundation that encouraged me and gave me the self confidence to achieve my dreams. The teachers and the administrative staff were well trained in Montessori values and the school administrator did not pay "lip service" to AMI core philosophy.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Vincentia
Very attentive teachers & support staff. My children are excited to return after every Summer break! Peaceful conflict resolution, group learning, farm setting are big plusses. Wonderful school.
- Posted by Parent - kelmo
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.