Montessori Children's Community
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (412) 741-8982
Montessori Children's Community Photo #2 - As a community, the students collaborate within the classroom to problem solve.
Montessori Children's Community Photo #3 - "The first essential for the child''s development is concentration. The child who concentrates is immensely happy." Maria Montessori
Montessori Children's Community Photo #4 - "The things he sees are not just remembered; they form a part of his soul." Maria Montessori
Montessori Children's Community Photo #5 - "The senses, being the explorers of the world, open the way to knowledge." Maria Montessori
Montessori Children's Community Photo #6 - The Complete Decimal Layout is a stepping stone to complex decimal system work. The child lays out numerals and quantities for numbers 1-9, 10-99, 100-999, 1000-9999. This work requires concentration, careful movement and a developed number sense.
Montessori Children's Community Photo #7 - Beginning work with the Numeric Decanomial. Once complete the beads will be the graphic representation of Multiplication Tables.
- At Montessori Children`s Community, we provide your child with the best possible educational experience.
- We nurture independence and encourage collaboration. Development of cooperation rather than exams produces more mature, creative, and socially-adept children. We go far beyond the simple memorization of facts and formulas, and far beyond the mechanics of the basic curriculum.
- We are engaged in teaching children to think deeply, to figure things out for themselves, and to be their own best teacher.
- We help them to see the real connections between things.
- We encourage you to observe in our classrooms, and see first hand how our classrooms are so unique!.
Montessori Children's Community places among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||88 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Montessori children are uniquely adaptable. They learn to work independently and in groups. They are encouraged to make decisions from an early age and become problem solvers who are able to make appropriate decisions and manage their time well. They are encouraged to exchange ideas and discuss their work freely with others. Their good communication skills ease the way into new settings.
- People that viewed Montessori Children's Community also viewed these schools: Carol Leone Childcare & Development Center.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Coraopolis Grades: PK-K | 62 students
551 Thorn Run Rd
Coraopolis, PA 15108
(412) 262-1638 0.9 PK-K
I can't imagine a better more nurturing school. My children have been encouraged to learn at their own pace, they are respectful, confident children who love school and are curious learners. The staff is amazing and so dedicated to each child. Truly an amazing school!
- Posted by Parent - upfor
I''ve attended MCC for three years and It's a great school! I''ve made really good friends with everyone. Everyone gets along and the teachers are very helpful.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - shann
We have been so happy with mcc. The teachers are caring and nurturing. The children are encouraged,challenged and love to learn. Our older children transitioned so easily after 6th grade and we attribute their continued success to the amazing start they got at MCC.
- Posted by Parent - Becky
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.