Montessori Children's School Of Key West
The Children`s School provides a complete and authentic Montessori environment that fosters a love of learning in our children by adhering to Maria Montessori`s teaching methods.
Founded in 1972, our school is Key West`s oldest Montessori program, and has earned its reputation as the island`s premier Montessori school, educating children from 18 months through 6th grade.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-6
- Students: 101 students
- Yearly Tuition: $10,000
- Acceptance rate: 95%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Dyslexia/Language-based or Mild Learning Differences
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 45%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition is for 10 school months and may be paid in monthly installments
Summer Program Cost
Summer Program Cost Notes
Summer camp is provided for 8 weeks in the summer. Payments are made by the week.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
- At The Children`s School we believe that the role of teachers and parents is to "help the child do it alone". We allow children to learn independently through exploration at their own pace. We embrace our responsibility as early educators to these young absorbent minds, and hold steadfast to the belief that children are best able to develop their abilities to the fullest when guided during sensitive periods of early childhood. We set high standards to ensure our children receive an educational experience that will maximize their potential. Our classrooms are quite unlike anything you may have experienced in education and shatter the myth that young children are distracted, loud and unruly. To the contrary, our classrooms are peaceful, orderly environments, allowing children to thrive. We see it everyday, but you need to experience it yourself to believe. To schedule a tour email email@example.com or call 305.294.5302.The Children`s School is a non-profit organization administered by a volunteer board of directors consisting of parent and community members. The Children`s School began as a parent run school located across the street from our present location. It was a shotgun house that parents poured time and love into to create a unique learning environment for their children to grow and develop. What began as a one-classroom school has since developed into six classrooms, two of which are recognized as historical by HARC. We offer Toddler, Primary, Lower Elementary and Upper Elementary programs as well as aftercare, holiday and summer camp programs. We are fortunate to now have students in our school whose own parents attended the school when they were children. We have been an active member of our community and will continue to be for many years to come. We are honored each time a parent entrusts their child`s education to The Children`s School.
Profile last updated: 05/09/2022
Endorse Montessori Children's School Of Key West. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
5 Ways To Protect Your Child From Bullying
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
Questions! Questions! Questions!
If you are beginning to think about sending your child to private school, you probably have a lot of questions. Here are some answers to your more common questions.
May 25, 2022Marketing Your School: Welcoming New Students
Why is welcoming students so important? Because it makes new students and their families feel that they are part of the school community from Day 1. More about this valuable marketing tool here.