Montessori Elementary School of Alameda
- We provide an international form of education, where you can find math, engineering and the sciences interwoven with a curriculum that focuses on the arts.
- At the Montessori Elementary School of Alameda (MESA), our mission is to create a concrete, experiential learning foundation that centers around the achievement of the full development of the child. We are committed to maintaining an environment that stimulates, challenges and creates a curiosity about learning, while engendering a love, respect and understanding of self and others.
- Our elementary program includes a well-rounded program for children to develop their giftedness in the areas of interest.
- We include music, physical education and performing arts to enhance neuro development and strengths.
- Make an appointment for you personal tour and Open House visit today!
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,603|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly tuition depends upon School Day $1334/mo or Full Time $1603/mo. Scholarships are available - please visit our website at http://montessorielementaryalameda.org/form for more information|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Cindy Acker|
|Admissions Associate||Uta Tsai|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
STEAM: Level Up and Brain Chase
Arts and Music Programs:
Music Theory and Performance, Spanish, Ukulele lessons
- Montessori education has expanded in Alameda with the addition of an award-winning program, the Montessori Elementary School of Alameda (MESA). MESA involves the academic rigor of core subjects, balanced by an emphasis in writing, critical thinking, public speaking and a strong focus on the arts, social justice and physical education. The world`s changing technological and social milieu requires schools to continually evaluate education its structure and its meaning to guide students to be societal and environmental changemakers. We need systems that move past simply lecture, drill, and memorization to concrete, living education that challenge children to be critical thinkers, lovers of the arts and empathic social justice advocates. MESA responds to help students learn how to learn, and think deeply about the impact of their thoughts. At MESA, we go beyond the traditional, and bring a living, breathing international curriculum with a foundation embedded in the arts and cultural studies. MESA is Transitional Kindergarten through 8th grade, with a small class size, with blended grades, which allows attention and innovation within the classroom. Our curriculum integrates Common Core within the Montessori academic scope and sequence, with an underpinning of lessons of character development, leadership and responsibility to self, community and the world. Our arts and PE curriculum includes soccer, ukulele and community involvement. Our world studies include the study and active involvement in earth science, including sustainable gardening and botany, social justice which includes public speaking and researching ways to impact the world.Our "S3" science is the new driving force in our curriculum. The program continues to develop and refine research and inquiry skills learned in the elementary cultural lessons while emphasizing individual research and modern history. The "S3" curriculum is an integrated study of geography, history, and the sciences. Because students learn best when given real-world, personal, hands-on learning opportunities, "S3" studies are taught through impressionistic lessons, primary and secondary source readings, independent research, experiments, and class discussions.Discover our international form of change-making education. At MESA, our non-traditional emphasis is unmatched in many typical settings. Join the new Alameda experience that creates confident learners.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- OaklandGrades: K-12 | 643 students
1 Hiller Dr
Oakland, CA 94618
- BerkeleyGrades: NS-K | 54 students
2830 9th street
Berkeley, CA 94710
- OaklandGrades: K-8 | 314 students
360 42nd St
Oakland, CA 94609
- BerkeleyGrades: PK-8 | 320 students
1310 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
- AlamedaGrades: NS | 21 students
3171 Mecartney Rd
Alameda, CA 94502
Nearby Homes for Sale
February 13, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
February 07, 2018
After conducting a survey of the educational backgrounds of current U.S. senators we were able to draw some interesting conclusions. Keep reading to learn more.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.