Montessori Elementary School of Alameda
- We provide an international form of education, where you can find math, engineering and the sciences interwoven with a curriculum that focuses on the arts.
- At the Montessori Elementary School of Alameda (MESA), our mission is to create a concrete, experiential learning foundation that centers around the achievement of the full development of the child. We are committed to maintaining an environment that stimulates, challenges and creates a curiosity about learning, while engendering a love, respect and understanding of self and others.
- Our elementary program includes a well-rounded program for children to develop their giftedness in the areas of interest.
- We include music, physical education and performing arts to enhance neuro development and strengths.
- Make an appointment for you personal tour and Open House visit today!
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||27 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,603|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly tuition depends upon School Day $1334/mo or Full Time $1603/mo. Scholarships are available - please visit our website at http://montessorielementaryalameda.org/form for more information|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Cindy Acker|
|Admissions Associate||Uta Tsai|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||daily P.E., Music Theory and Performance, Spanish, Ukulele lessons daily P.E., Spanish, Music Theory and Performance,|
- The Montessori Elementary School of Alameda creates a warm, loving, and secure environment that promotes creativity, curiosity, and self-confidence. Students learn not only facts but to adapt, grow, and change the world. The school was created as an extension of The Child Unique Montessori School (preschool) whose faculty`s commitment to education earned them the title of Best Preschool 6 years in a row in the Best of the Bay roundup by Parents Press and Alameda Magazine. The school was founded by Cindy Acker, principal for over 32 years, and continuously adapts its curriculum to fit the ever-evolving reality of childhood education. Offering programs built on real-world validation of theories with a focus on culture and respect, MESA fully embraces the Montessori Philosophy of fostering a thirst for knowledge and combining it with out-of-the-box thinking to discover unique solutions. Going beyond low student/teacher ratios, Cindy and her educators treat each pupil as an individual and work within their learning styles to achieve the best results.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AlamedaGrades: NS | 21 students
3171 Mecartney Rd
Alameda, CA 94502
- BerkeleyGrades: KG-5 | 104 students
1809 Bancroft Way
Berkeley, CA 94703
- BerkeleyGrades: K-8 | 88 students
2722 Benvenue Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
- OaklandGrades: K-8 | 410 students
3245 Sheffield Avenue
Oakland, CA 94602
- BerkeleyGrades: K-8 | 304 students
2027 7th Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.