Montessori School Greater Hartford
5.00 (6 reviews)
- MSGH has been in continuous operation since 1964, is recognized by the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI's highest form of accreditation) and is accredited by the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools.
- We currently serve more than 150 children and their families with toddler, primary, elementary, adolescent and afternoon enrichment programs.
- In keeping with Montessori's call to "follow the child," our mixed-age classrooms are filled with materials that allow children to move, explore and learn independently, at their own pace, with the support and guidance of highly skilled AMI-trained teachers.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-9|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Our current tuition schedule is posted on our website www.msgh.org|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Toko Odorczuk|
|Admissions Associate||Tabitha Abraham|
- Each classroom has one teacher and one teaching assistant; The teacher/student ratio is 1:9 when the presence of assistants is taken into account.
- Spanish language is a part of the every school day.
- Artist in Residence Program
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Avon Grades: NS-8 | 117 students
150 Fisher Dr
Avon, CT 06001
(860)677-2403 5.5 NS-8
- West Hartford Grades: NS-8 | 107 students
100 Mayflower St
West Hartford, CT 06110
(860)561-2130 2.5 NS-8
- Windsor Grades: PK-K | 81 students
114 Palisado Ave
Windsor, CT 06095
(860)285-1400 8.2 PK-K
It's really hard to put into words how unique the MSGH community is. Our three boys are currently attending the school - toddler, primary, elementary. Each level has absolutely excellent teachers and supporting staff. And it's not only that they are outstanding teachers and professionals, but everyone is so caring and loving towards our children. This creates a unique environment that we truly feel is our second home. Combine this with an excellent and authentic (AMI certified) Montessori education, we believe there is no better place for our children to grow and thrive - emotionally as well as academically.
- Posted by Parent - Nadja
We have three children enrolled at MSGH and could not be happier with the montessori programing they are receiving. They are being prepared not only with exceptional academics but are also being nurtured as individuals and encouraged to follow their passions all while being shown what it means to be a member of a community. We have no doubt that our children will be prepared both academically and personally for whatever path lies ahead thanks to MSGH.
- Posted by Parent - Rebecca
MSGH is an excellent school that pays very careful attention to the needs of individual students and families.
- Posted by Parent - pls
Child entered in toddler program and loves attending school. The teachers are loving and caring and the children enjoy learning self care skills. They are also learning social skills for interacting with the other children in the class leading to a harmonious environment. We have been very pleased with the opportunity to have child in this exciting atmosphere for learning.
- Posted by Parent - mu
One of best Montessori schools in the Hartford Area.
- Posted by Parent - send2
MSGH is a tremendous school - The faculty are exceptional, and our diversity is truly lived daily. Children are encouraged to follow their interests and develop a love of learning and sense of self-efficacy. They are also guided and pushed and inspired...Highly, highly recommend MSGH.
- Posted by Parent - mcfla
Nearby Homes for Sale
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.