Montessori School Of Elkhart
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (574) 264-3037
- Montessori School of Elkhart, Inc. offers a traditional Montessori curriculum for children aged 2 1/2 to 12.
- Our teachers utilize their Montessori training as well as their experience and training in other educational methods to meet the individual needs of each child.
- The classroom is equipped with Montessori materials plus teaching materials developed in recent years.
- The goal of Montessori pre-schools is to provide learning experiences for the child.
- The biggest differences lie in the kind of learning experiences each school provides and the methods they use to accomplish this goal.
- Montessori educators believe these differences are important because they help shape how a child learns, his/her work habits and his future attitudes toward himself/herself and the world around them.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||138 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elkhart Grades: 1-8 | 227 students
1331 N Main St
Elkhart, IN 46514
(574) 264-4855 0.6 1-8
- Elkhart Grades: 9-12 | 56 students
515 S Main St Suite 1
Elkhart, IN 46516
(574) 226-0671 0.7 9-12
- Elkhart Grades: PK-8 | 168 students
1114 S Main St
Elkhart, IN 46516
(574) 293-8451 1.1 PK-8
- Elkhart Grades: NS-PK
2610 Decamp Ave
Elkhart, IN 46517
(574) 293-9132 2.4 NS-PK
- Elkhart Grades: 5-8 | 3 students
3601 E. Bristol, Street
Elkhart, IN 46514
(574) 264-3573 2.5 5-8
I was a student at the school years ago and I just move back into town with my family and I`m patiently awaiting a spot in the toddler program. Montessori school here in Elkhart allowed me a strong start to my education which prepared me for my transition to public schools in kindergarten. The teachers that I had are still at the school and I can`t wait to have my daughter enrolled in the toddler program. I truly believe and Montessori and the independence it gives the students and the material and skills that they present the children. Can`t wait for fall!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Prospective Parent
Every day when I pick up my grandchildren from Montessori they come to the car with big smiles on their faces. It really fills my heart with warmth to see how happy they are. I have such amazing respect for the time the teachers spend with the children and the amount of care they have for each of the children there. They are truely our 'home away from home" during the school year. I hope they understand how much the families appreciate the entire group of women it takes to run the school.
- Posted by Parent - joann
I was extremely pleased with my son's class at the variety of things the school offered. They offered field trips, art and science, gym class, music, and were open later for an after care program since I had to work. My son only attended for two years, one preschool and one Kindergarten year but I wish we knew about them when he was younger because I heard they start at 16 months.
- Posted by Parent - bonni
We have a child in the Kindergarten Class at Montessori. We am very thankful for the help I received from the Teachers and Director in working with my son. He had a hard time last year in the younger class soaking up the information he was learning every day. This year he is ready to learn and is coming home with so much to tell me besides who he played with on the playground. I have observed many times and am very pleased with the level of peace he feels when he enters the class.
- Posted by Parent - mkase
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.