Montessori World School
- Montessori World School, guided by the philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori, is dedicated to providing an enriching and challenging educational environment where each child is encouraged to grow to his or her fullest potential academically, emotionally and socially in a safe, supportive and culturally diverse environment.
- Through the dynamic partnership of the staff, the parents and the children, a committment to communication, honesty and mutual respect is developed to nurture the "joy of learning".
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||224 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 4 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates vary depending on program. Toddler (Pre-Primary) programs start at $5800. Primary, including K, range from $5700 to $8700. Elementary begins at $8400 with before/after program an additional $2200. Middle School begins at $8800|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jane Shaw|
|Admissions Associate||Sarah Prosser|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Dance, Drama, Golf, Music, Piano, Soccer, Spanish, Susuki Violin, Yoga|
- Tours of the school are given every Thursday morning at 9:15 a.m. Please call the school to schedule an appointment. Enrollment information will be given at that time.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hollywood Grades: PK-8 | 220 students
8003 Miramar Pkwy
Hollywood, FL 33025
(954)431-5253 183.8 PK-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.