Morning Star Christian School
- Morning Star Christian School strives for academic excellence and development of individual needs, self-expression and creativity, which produce fulfillment of God given potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Polo shirts, khaki pants/shorts, skirts.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||For 2010-2011 school year -- K-6th: $3300/year; 7th-12th: $3500/year|
National avg.: 85%
- MSCS does not have a pre-school program. Students may be accepted at 4 years old providing they are early kindergarten ready.
- Additional fees for entrance include: Book fee $275 per student, Registration fee $275 per student ($375 for family of 2 or more)
- Incoming students are not required to take a written/entrance test; our principal/teachers will evaluate new students during the first two weeks of entrance to determine the appropriate grade level for each subject.
- Classes are combined based on enrollment and academic need.
- MSCS uses ABeka books and Saxon Math as the primary curriculum. Teachers may also use secular materials, with Principal's approval, for supplemental teaching.
- MSCS provides yearly standardized achievement testing in April. The Stanford Achievement 10 form is used.
- Chapel is provided for our students on a regular basis. Our goal is to share God's word with your children so that they might come to know the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour.
- MSCS boasts a 100% graduation rate for our high school seniors who regularly attend classes and who follow through on the requirements for diploma.
- We estimate 95% of our graduating seniors go on to some form of higher education, i.e. community college, 4-year college/univeristy, trade school, etc.
- MSCS is committed to the advancement of education and works diligently with both parents and students to assure that graduation requirements are met and students are well prepared to continue their education at the institution of their choosing.
- School begins the Monday after Labor Day in September.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hacienda Heights Grades: PK-8 | 658 students
2323 Las Lomitas Dr
Hacienda Heights, CA 91745
(626)968-0428 0.6 PK-8
- La Verne Grades: NS-12 | 114 students
2990 Damien Ave
La Verne, CA 91750
(909)593-4672 13.3 NS-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.