- Top Ranked OR School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 244 students
- Yearly Tuition: $20,630
- Acceptance rate: 65%
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
After-school Outdoor Sports, Chess Club, Climbing Club, Makerspace Club, Robotics Club, Social Justice Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Running Club, Ski and snowboarding program, Ultimate Frisbee
- Mission Statement
- Cascades Academy is an engaged, vibrant community that weaves challenging academics with experiential learning to inspire socially responsible individuals ready for a diverse and changing world.Our Approach
- Core Values & Philosophy
- Cascades Academy is a student-centered community. What's best for our students is at the heart of what we do each day, and in every decision we make. Our core values are to: ignite curiosity, learn by doing, foster belonging, empower individuality, embrace challenge, and share joyfulness.
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Cascades Academy seeks to create a safe, nurturing community where we honor our unique selves, embrace the diverse perspectives and backgrounds of others, and promote social responsibility both within the school and beyond.
- Program Overview
- Cascades Academy offers a meaningful, challenging curriculum that integrates traditional academics and experiential learning. Our small class sizes allow our students to be known and valued. Our teachers work with each student to find the right balance of challenge and support to help them excel in a caring and dynamic community.
- All grade levels have instruction in English language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, Spanish, and fine arts. In addition we offer a variety of specialty classes including Storyline, fitness, electives, Maker classes, robotics, and internships.
- Experiential Learning
- We often get asked about what"experiential learning"means and how do we "do it". To us, experiential learning means that students are engagedand learning by doing. They are active. They are solving problems independently andcollaboratively. They reflect about what they've learned, and the learning sticks because of their engagement. We know that "studying for the test" seldom supports learning that lasts. Active learning supports creativity and deeper understanding of the subject matter.
- Social Responsibility
- Part of our vision is to inspire our students to be a force of positive impact in the world.Throughout their years at Cascades Academy, students have many opportunities to participate in outreach efforts with community partners. Depending on the age of the student, this may look like a day of service at a local wildlife hospital, or a six-month internship with a non-profit of their choice.
- History & Governance
- Cascades Academy was founded in 2003 in order to fulfill the need for an independent, PK-12 college preparatory school in Central Oregon. The school opened its doors on Studio Road in mid-town Bend with 61 students. In the fall of 2013, the school moved to a 21-acre campus in Tumalo, and added a third wing to its campus in 2017. Since 2019, the school has added an additional 32 acres to the campus, bringing the campus size to 51acres.The school is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization governed by a volunteerBoard of Trustees.AccreditationCascades Academy is an accredited member of theNorthwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS)andCognia. Cascades Academy is also proud to be a member of theNational Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Cascades Academy cost?
What is the acceptance rate of Cascades Academy?
What sports does Cascades Academy offer?
What is Cascades Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Cascades Academy?
Endorse Cascades Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards