- Unique, research-based program celebrating 37 years of educating Grades 1-9 gifted and struggling learners or anyone interested in improving performance.
- Focus on foundation skills of reading, writing, and math integrated with strengthening study, organizational skills, higher-level reasoning and problem solving. Homogeneous groupings by skill level, not age or grade, and small class size produces measurable results.
- Daily report cards provided. Middle School adds high school preparation with content courses and project-based learning methods.
- Field trips, Art, Wushu and Psychology/Problem Solving for all students. MA is a non-profit, state-approved school.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
Other school association(s)
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Children and Adults with Attention Deficit or Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||LD, ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Mild Language/Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,200|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes all books and supplies.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
|Admissions Director||Martha Staff|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Crafts, Chess, Coding Class, Friends of Morningside, Sailing, Science
- Students are given extensive assessment to find out what they can do well, not so well and not at all. Students practice everything until they are fluent. The goal is to be able to perform quickly, effortlessly and accurately. Teachers continually adjust their instruction based upon performance data until the students are successful. No one falls through the cracks.
- Students are very successful in school, sometimes for the first time in their lives.
- We tell families that their children will gain at least two grade levels in their skill of greatest deficit or their money back. We have returned less than 2 percent of tuition in 35 years.
- Students learn in an atmosphere of positive reinforcement. Teachers give their students lots of praise.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed Morningside Academy also viewed these schools: Dartmoor School, Children's Institute For Learning Differences (CHILD), Academy For Precision Learning, Bellevue Children's Academy and Academy Schools.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bellevue Grades: 1-12 | 78 students
9622 Roosevelt Way NE
Bellevue, WA 98115
(425)885-6296 5.7 1-12
- Renton Grades: K-12 | 44 students
2640 Benson Road S
Renton, WA 98055
(425)336-3260 12.8 K-12
- Seattle Grades: K-12 | 89 students
5031 University Way Ne
Seattle, WA 98105
(206)427-0115 0.8 K-12
- Bellevue Grades: PK-9 | 643 students
14640 Ne 24th St
Bellevue, WA 98007
(425)649-0791 9 PK-9
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.