Mount Calvary Christian School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Mount Calvary Christian School's Elementary Building features 10 classrooms, a chapel, two resource rooms, recently renovated hallways, outdoor playground facility, and is adjacent to the Family Life Center. Elementary students will use Family Life Center facilities for lunch, gym class, art class, library, computer, and music. the facilities are handicap-accessible.
- MCCS is a dynamic Christian school with the mission to "assist parents with their responsibility to educate their child." From pre-kindergarten through grade 12, the MCCS experience is full of academic, artistic, and athletic opportunities built upon the foundation of Biblical truths.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Mid Atlantic Christian Schools Association (MACSA)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Reading, Language and Math supported instruction|
|Total Students||418 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,994|
|Tuition Notes||Elementary rate shown. Middle School and High School different rates. Scholarships available. Multi-child discounts available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ann Hoffer|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Chorus, Handbells, Instrument, J-term, Select Band, Chorus, Handbells, Instrument, J-term, Select,|
- Our core values 1. Academic Excellence: MCCS strives to meet the highest standards of academic excellence in an environment where students may learn on their individual levels. It is our objective to prepare our students to graduate from MCCS with the skills necessary to function successfully in today's world. 2. Bible Integration: In the life of every Christian, Biblical principles cannot be separated from daily living; therefore, the Bible is integrated into all classes by using teachable moments to share from God's Word. 3. Biblical Philosophy: The Bible is the inerrant Word of God and guides all we do at MCCS. 4. Biblical Worldview: We are a Christ-centered school that has a strong commitment to the scriptures as the Word of God. 5. Critical Thinking: We encourage students to think logically, to use educated reasoning to solve problems, and to practically apply those things they have learned to all areas of their lives. 6. Great Commission: The Christian school cooperates with the evangelical church and the home to evangelize and disciple students and family members. The Christian school also encourages and trains students to evangelize within their spheres of influence. 7. Nondiscrimination: MCCS does not discriminate against anyone based on race, color, national and ethnic origin, disability or handicap to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. However, we do reserve the right to require students to adhere to the beliefs held by MCCS. 8. Parental Educational Responsibility: Parents, not the school or the state, have the primary responsibility for educating their children. MCCS seeks to assist parents with this responsibility. 9. School Improvement: We actively seek to identify areas of possible improvement that will bring glory and honor to God. Doing so will promote the mission of MCCS and will demonstrate to God and to the students our commitment to excellence. 10. Student Activities: MCCS offers spiritual, academic, athletic and fine arts activities in order to develop well-rounded students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HummelstownGrades: K-12 | 272 students
1525 Sand Hill Road
Hummelstown, PA 17036
- YorkGrades: K-12 | 38 students
329 E Poplar St
York, PA 17403
- ColumbiaGrades: PK-8 | 173 students
404 Cherry St
Columbia, PA 17512
- MariettaGrades: KG-8 | 114 students
15 W Walnut St
Marietta, PA 17547
- HarrisburgGrades: K-12 | 305 students
2000 Blue Mountain Pkwy
Harrisburg, PA 17112
We love Mt. Calvary. Our kids have been at Mt. Calvary since Kindergarten, and are now going into middle school.
- Posted by Parent - pktsc
Mount Calvary Christian School is so much more than school. These teachers and administrators have dedicated themselves to provide Jesus to our students, daily. Jesus is my best friend and guiding light in this crazy society. We need JESUS to be REAL to our children- and that is what MCCS is all about.
- Posted by Parent - kamha
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.