Harrisburg Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (717) 545-3728
- Since its founding in 1955, Harrisburg Christian School has partnered with parents to reinforce Christian values taught at church and instilled at home.
- We strive to assist students in learning to live and work well with others while also preparing them for successful adulthood and post-secondary educational endeavors.
- Harrisburg Christian School offers parents the opportunity to reinforce values they instill at home and in church on a daily basis in school.
- Those values are strengthened and the total person developed through challenging classroom academic experiences, extracurricular opportunities, chapels, and social events.
- Students participate in physical education, art, music and computer courses and may choose from various extracurricular activities such as competitive athletics, drama and competitions that foster a well-rounded educational development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||297 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hummelstown Grades: NS-12 | 272 students
1525 Sand Hill Road
Hummelstown, PA 17036
(717) 533-4900 11.4 NS-12
- Harrisburg Grades: 9-12 | 736 students
1 Crusader Way
Harrisburg, PA 17111
(717) 236-7973 6.4 9-12
- Harrisburg Grades: PK-8 | 430 students
4020 Derry St
Harrisburg, PA 17111
(717) 564-1760 7.5 PK-8
All three of my children attended and graduated from HCS. It was by far the best decision we ever made for our family. The teachers were wonderful and cared and prayed for my children. It was like a family.
- Posted by Parent - A parent
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.