Covenant Christian Academy
- Covenant Christian Academy is a K-12 academy, designed for Christian families who wish to provide an exceptional, college-preparatory education for their children that is based on the educational insights of the past (classical education).
- CCA is a classical school, seeking to recover some centuries-old methods for teaching students.
- Specifically, we are attempting to recover the methods used by classical educators who taught the Trivium (meaning the three ways)--grammar, logic (or dialectic), and rhetoric.
- Students in our Grammar School (K-6) focus on learning the English language, with a parallel course in Latin.
- Students in the Dialectic School focus on learning how to reason, argue, and debate (logic/dialectic) through almost every course they study.
- Students in the Rhetoric School focus on learning how to speak and write persuasively.
- Students also study traditonal subjects like math, science, history, art, and music.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||214 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HarrisburgGrades: K-12 | 305 students
2000 Blue Mountain Pkwy
Harrisburg, PA 17112
HarrisburgGrades: PK-8 | 144 students
215 North Front Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
HummelstownGrades: K-12 | 272 students
1525 Sand Hill Road
Hummelstown, PA 17036
YorkGrades: NS-12 | 386 students
907 Greenbriar Rd
York, PA 17404
CarlisleGrades: K-12 | 110 students
1412 Holly Pike
Carlisle, PA 17015
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?