Covenant Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Covenant Christian Academy Photo #2 - Covenant offers families a Christ-centered, classical education that is designed to lead students on a time-tested path toward wisdom.
Covenant Christian Academy Photo #3 - Our Kindergarteners love to wear their pajamas on the day they celebrate learning the letter P.
Covenant Christian Academy Photo #4 - A classical, Christian education helps students to grow in all dimensions of their humanity as scholars, athletes, artists, musicians. Here, 10th graders are working on an art project for their Renaissance History history class.
Covenant Christian Academy Photo #5 - Upper school classes emphasize logic, Socratic dialog, and rhetoric. Students ponder the great questions of life through a curriculum filled with time-tested literature, beautiful art, and the classical liberal arts. Engaging in a lively and respectful interaction with their peers, students learn to become excellent communicators and learners.
- Covenant Christian Academy is a preK-12 academy, designed for Christian families who wish to provide an exceptional education for their children that is based on the educational insights of the past (classical education).
- Covenant is a classical school that uses time-tested methods that lead students toward truth, goodness, and beauty.
- Specifically, we are attempting to recover the methods used by classical educators who taught the Trivium (meaning the three ways)--grammar, logic (or dialectic), and rhetoric.
- Students in our Grammar School (K-6) focus on learning the grammar of subjects such as english, mathematics, history, music, and science.
- Students in the Dialectic School focus on learning how to reason, argue, and debate (logic/dialectic) through almost every course they study.
- Students in the Rhetoric School focus on learning how to speak and write persuasively.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||207 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
JR. Robotics Club, Robotics Club, Running Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Suzuki Music Classes
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Harrisburg Grades: PK-8 | 135 students
215 North Front Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
(717)238-8590 0.9 PK-8
- Hummelstown Grades: NS-12 | 272 students
1525 Sand Hill Road
Hummelstown, PA 17036
(717)533-4900 11.8 NS-12
- Harrisburg Grades: NS-8 | 185 students
212 State St
Harrisburg, PA 17101
(717)234-3797 0.7 NS-8
I would highly encourage anyone to check out this school if you`re looking for Christ-centered eduction and teachers who get your child excited about learning.
- Posted by Parent - Corrie Leister
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.