Londonderry School serves 173 students in grades Prekindergarten-8, is a member of the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
The student:teacher of Londonderry School is 12:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Nonsectarian.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 173 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Londonderry`s mission is to help each child reach his or her full potential in a diverse, loving, safe, supportive and fun community. Londonderry provides an important educational alternative for families in the greater Harrisburg area and develops students who are committed to engaging in the community. Through a dynamic academic program, our children learn at their own pace to think logically, critically, and creatively. Parent involvement is an integral part of school life and volunteerism is a part of the family`s contract with the school.Families seek out our school for various reasons: their resident school district is not able to provide for their child`s academic needs or meet their need for individualization; they want a diverse community where children learn to respect differences and build understanding for others; they want their children to have an educational environment which is warm and supportive for the whole family.We also strongly emphasize in our curriculum social and emotional growth, learning conflict resolution, and community consciousness. We help students gain the self-confidence and community commitment to become engaged citizens of the future.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Londonderry School?
The application deadline for Londonderry School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
We have a son and daughter at Londonderry School who started in Preschool and are now in 4th and 7th grade. Londonderry School offers the ability to learn quicker or slower depending on how they are doing at the time. They are given the freedom to grow their personality and feel comfortable within themselves, without judgements, in a close community environment. This has given them the foundation to believe in themselves and know that they can be successful in what they choose to do in life. The base qualities that we all wish we got from our School, Londonderry provides to our children. I am thankful for the wonderful teachers and staff at Londonderry School.
Endorse Londonderry School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.