- Londonderry School serves 173 students in grades Prekindergarten-8 and is a member of the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- The student:teacher of Londonderry School is 12:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Nonsectarian.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||173 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Vicki Millard|
- Londonderry`s mission is to help each child reach his or her full potential in a diverse, loving, safe, supportive and fun community. Londonderry provides an important educational alternative for families in the greater Harrisburg area and develops students who are committed to engaging in the community. Through a dynamic academic program, our children learn at their own pace to think logically, critically, and creatively. Parent involvement is an integral part of school life and volunteerism is a part of the family`s contract with the school.Families seek out our school for various reasons: their resident school district is not able to provide for their child`s academic needs or meet their need for individualization; they want a diverse community where children learn to respect differences and build understanding for others; they want their children to have an educational environment which is warm and supportive for the whole family.We also strongly emphasize in our curriculum social and emotional growth, learning conflict resolution, and community consciousness. We help students gain the self-confidence and community commitment to become engaged citizens of the future.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Harrisburg Grades: PK-12 | 70 students
727 Wilhelm Rd
Harrisburg, PA 17111
(717) 564-6700 2.8 PK-12
- Harrisburg Grades: PK-8 | 219 students
555 S. 25th St.
Harrisburg, PA 17104
(717) 234-3797 2.7 PK-8
We have a son and daughter at Londonderry School who started in Preschool and are now in 4th and 7th grade. Londonderry School offers the ability to learn quicker or slower depending on how they are doing at the time. They are given the freedom to grow their personality and feel comfortable within themselves, without judgements, in a close community environment. This has given them the foundation to believe in themselves and know that they can be successful in what they choose to do in life. The base qualities that we all wish we got from our School, Londonderry provides to our children. I am thankful for the wonderful teachers and staff at Londonderry School.
- Posted by Parent - Brad