St Margaret Mary School
Tel: (717) 232-3771
- St. Margaret Mary School provides an exceptional Catholic education in a community unified by faith ih Jesus Christ and empowered by his Gospel.
- We serve the children of St. Margaret Marys, Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament and St. Matthews Parishes.
- Our student represent varied cultural and racial backgrounds. Our students learn through a well-rounded curriculum including daily religion classes, computer, art, music, physical education and foreign language (Spanish).
- Advanced Math and Language Arts classes are offered to the 7th and 8th grades.
- At St. Margaret Mary School, the children receive an excellent academic training.
- Education research indicates that nationwide Catholic school students consistently outperform other schools on tests for math, reading and science.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||415 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Harrisburg Grades: NS-8 | 185 students
212 State St
Harrisburg, PA 17101
(717) 234-3797 2.4 NS-8
- Harrisburg Grades: PK-8 | 210 students
555 S 25th St
Harrisburg, PA 17104
(717) 232-2551 1.2 PK-8
- Harrisburg Grades: PK-8 | 430 students
4020 Derry St
Harrisburg, PA 17111
(717) 564-1760 2.4 PK-8
- Harrisburg Grades: NS-8 | 651 students
6190 Allentown Blvd
Harrisburg, PA 17112
(717) 657-1704 4.4 NS-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?