Bishop Mcdevitt High School
- As a community composed of teachers and students missioned to continue the Catholic Faith, we proclaim the Gospel of Christ, value each individual, and commit ourselves to promoting self-disciplined learning in which all aspire toward lifelong personal growth.
- We are truly unique because we come from the many municipalities of the Harrisburg Area, encompassing urban, suburban, and small town areas.
- We come from various racial, ethnic, and religious heritages as well as from different social, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- We aim to create an atmosphere that enables our students to acquire skills and knowledge, to develop physical and aesthetic potentials and to form moral, social and cultural standards.
- We believe these values help our students develop self-reliance, self expression and an appreciation of their vocation to become active, articulate and contributing members of our local, national and world communities.
- We strive within our environment to create a climate enlivened by the Gospel Spirit.
- In this environment, we share with one another and encourage each other to be what God intended us to be.
- We envision a life in which faith can gradually mature; hope can become realistic and firm; and charity can be evidence in a caring community which is willing to be of service to the human family.
- Instruction in religious truth and values is an integral part of the school program.
- It is perceived and functions as the underlying reality in which the students' experiences of learning and living achieve their coherence and their deepest meaning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||736 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hummelstown Grades: K-12 | 272 students
1525 Sand Hill Road
Hummelstown, PA 17036
(717)533-4900 6.9 K-12
- Harrisburg Grades: K-12 | 305 students
2000 Blue Mountain Pkwy
Harrisburg, PA 17112
(717)545-3728 6.4 K-12
- Harrisburg Grades: 2-12 | 43 students
1745 N Cameron St
Harrisburg, PA 17103
(717)238-6980 4.6 2-12
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.