Mount de Sales Academy
- Top Ranked GA School
- Grades: 6-12
- Enrollment: 518 students
- Yearly Tuition: $14,350
- Acceptance rate: 82%
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 20 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Mount de Sales Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Art Club, Beta Club, Chess Club, Diversity Awareness Club, Drumline & Color Guard, Environmental Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Gaming Club, Garden Club, Key Club, Lego Robotics, Model United Nations Club, Natl Jr Honor Society, Pep Club, Photography Club, Quiz Bowl, Student Council, Talent Show, World Cultures Club
- Mount de Sales Academy [est. 1876], an independent Catholic school sponsored and inspired by the Sisters of Mercy, is a diverse college-preparatory community of learners-students and teachers alike-who are poised to discover, challenged to innovate, and motivated to serve.
- Poised to Discover: Students are poised to discover their talents and to seek knowledge during their journey here. Opportunities for discovery include the Diploma Endorsement Program, where students are immersed in any one of six academic concentrations; the Senior Transition Experience Program (STEP) with Navicent Health, where students delve into multiple facets of health care; and engaging exploratory courses and a variety of clubs that allow students to find their niche.
- Challenged to Innovate: Students are challenged to innovate as they apply their knowledge to create solutions to real world problems. LEGO Robotics club members are tasked with building and programming robots to solve issues; Mock Trial teams sharpen their critical thinking and public speaking skills as they craft case arguments; and STEM course students research, design, build, test, and redesign projects based in science, technology, and math.
- Motivated to Serve: Students are motivated to serve through the Mercy in Action program, which incorporates the philosophy of servant leadership. Community outreach is at the heart of the Mercy mission and opportunities are plentiful. To name a few, Cavaliers work with Rebuilding Macon to freshen up old houses with paint, repairs, and a lot of TLC; prepare and serve meals to patrons at the St. Peter Claver Catholic Church food pantry; and hand-knit hats for cancer patients at the Central Georgia Cancer Center.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Mount de Sales Academy cost?
Mount de Sales Academy's tuition is approximately $14,350 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Mount de Sales Academy?
The acceptance rate of Mount de Sales Academy is 82%, which is equal to the national average of 82%.
What sports does Mount de Sales Academy offer?
Mount de Sales Academy offers 15 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball and Wrestling. Mount de Sales Academy is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for most sports offered.
What is Mount de Sales Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Mount de Sales Academy?
The application deadline for Mount de Sales Academy is Jan. 20 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 20 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Mount de Sales Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards