Mount de Sales Academy
- An independent Catholic, coeducational, college preparatory school, we have been located on one of historic Macon's highest hills since our founding by the Sisters of Mercy in 1876.
- We continue to be faithful to our mission of educating young men and women of all cultural, economic, and religious backgrounds.
- Mount de Sales continues to be the leading school for National Merit Semifinalists in the region.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1992|
|Total Students||610 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||21 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Computer Science, English Language & Composition, English Literature & Composition, European History, Government & Politics, Psychology, US History, World History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 10 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,825|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ashley Griffin|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Bowl, Art Competition Club, Builders Club, Cavalier Ambassadors, Chess Club, Computer Generated Animation, Cricket Club, Cyber Athletes League, Debate, Environmenal Club, Environmental Club, Faith Sharing Group, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Garden Club, Guitar Club, History Club, Interact Club, International Club, Key Club, Math Club, Mercy Squad, Natl, Natl Jr Honor Society, Quiz Bowl, Science Olympics Academic Bowl, Builders Club, Chess Club, Cricket Club, Debate, Garden Club, Guitar Club, History Club, Interact Club, Key Club, Math Club, Mercy Squad, Natl, Quiz Bowl, Art Competition Club,|
Computer Generated Animation,
Cyber Athletes League,
Faith Sharing Group,
Fellowship of Christian Athletes,
Natl Jr Honor Society,
- Mount de Sales Academy [est. 1876], an independent Catholic school sponsored and inspired by the Sisters of Mercy, is a diverse college-preparatory community of learners-students and teachers alike-who are poised to discover, challenged to innovate, and motivated to serve.
- Poised to Discover: Students are poised to discover their talents and to seek knowledge during their journey here. Opportunities for discovery include the Diploma Endorsement Program, where students are immersed in any one of six academic concentrations; the Senior Transition Experience Program (STEP) with Navicent Health, where students delve into multiple facets of health care; and engaging exploratory courses and a variety of clubs that allow students to find their niche.
- Challenged to Innovate: Students are challenged to innovate as they apply their knowledge to create solutions to real world problems. LEGO Robotics club members are tasked with building and programming robots to solve issues; Mock Trial teams sharpen their critical thinking and public speaking skills as they craft case arguments; and STEM course students research, design, build, test, and redesign projects based in science, technology, and math.
- Motivated to Serve: Students are motivated to serve through the Mercy in Action program, which incorporates the philosophy of servant leadership. Community outreach is at the heart of the Mercy mission and opportunities are plentiful. To name a few, Cavaliers work with Rebuilding Macon to freshen up old houses with paint, repairs, and a lot of TLC; prepare and serve meals to patrons at the St. Peter Claver Catholic Church food pantry; and hand-knit hats for cancer patients at the Central Georgia Cancer Center.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MaconGrades: NS-12 | 935 students
6010 Peake Road
Macon, GA 31220
- MaconGrades: PK-12 | 314 students
8460 Hawkinsville Rd
Macon, GA 31216
- MaconGrades: PK-12 | 958 students
5671 Calvin Drive
Macon, GA 31210
- PerryGrades: PK-12 | 641 students
Po Box 2300
Perry, GA 31069
- MaconGrades: PK-6 | 305 students
905 High St
Macon, GA 31201
The best school in Macon by far. Rigorous academics and an outstanding learning environment. Prepares students not only for college but life as well.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mds12