- Top Ranked GA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Students: 799 students
- Average class size: 17 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Anti-Defamation League (ADL), Beta Club, Chess Team, Community Service Club, Debate Team, Ecology Club, Film Club, Foreign Language Club, French Club, French Honor Society, Girl Talk, Global and Community Awareness Club, Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) Club, Journalism Club, Key Club, Latin Club, Latin Honor Society, Literary Magazine, Math Team, Peer Mentor Program, Pep Club, Personal Finance and Investment Club, Quiz Bowl Team, Spanish Club, Spanish Honor Society, Student Activities Board, Student Ambassador Program, Student Issues Board, Students Advocating Life Without Substance Abuse (SALSA) Club, Writers' Guild, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Club, Literary Team, Marching Band and Color Guard, Pep Band, symphonic band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Student Outdoor Adventure Recreation (SOAR) Club
- Stratford Academy was founded in 1960 by a group of Macon parents who felt that the Middle Georgia area needed an independent college preparatory school. In September of 1960, the school opened its doors to 117 students and 17 faculty members in the antebellum Overlook Mansion on Coleman Hill in Macon's historic district. Thirteen students became Stratford's first alumni in 1962, and since that time more than 3,200 young people have been graduated from the school.
- The current facilities were built in 1974 on more than seventy acres of wooded land in northwest Bibb County. The school completed its move when the Lower School and Kindergarten came to the campus in 1978. The new buildings represent a contemporary contrast to Overlook Mansion and house the four school divisions: Preschool, Lower School, Middle School, and Upper School. Completed in August 2000, the 17,500 square foot Olson Library continues the tradition of excellence by providing a state-of-the-art facility that creates a superior learning environment and provides the best in education experience for Stratford students. In 2011, Stratford opened its state-of-the-art Science Center for students in grades 6-12. The final piece to the campus master plan is the 28,000-square-foot Cantrell Lower School which opened in the fall of 2016. In August 2017, the Daws Student Activities Center opened. It houses a second, competition-size gymnasium, an art/music suite for preschool and lower school students, aftercare classroom space, and a girls' fitness multi-purpose room.
- Today, Stratford is a school community of 825 students and more than 130 faculty and staff. Graduating classes boast 100 percent matriculation at colleges and universities in Georgia and across the U.S.
- The school is a member of the NAIS, SACS, GHSA, GISA, SAIS, and the College Board. In 1982, Stratford earned accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Endorse Stratford Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards