First Presbyterian Day School
Active and engaged learning using tablet technology in order to equip students for college and careers in the digital age.
State of the art fine arts program featuring classes in art, theatre, photography, chorus, dance, band, elementary music, and AP art.
Only high school gymnastic program in Macon. Multiple athletic opportunities for both boys and girls.
- First Presbyterian Day School provides a college preparatory education founded in a Christian world view.
- "Educating and equipping students to change the world for God's glory.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2003, 2012, 2015|
|Total Students||958 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||92 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science A, English Language, English Literature, European History, French Language, Latin - Vergil, Physics 1, Physics 2, Spanish Language, Statistics, Studio Art - 2D, Studio Art - 3D, Studio Art - Drawing, US Government and Politics, US History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||PK - $6,590; K - $7,990; Grades 1-5 - $12,340; Grades 6-8 - $12,740; Grades 9-12 - $13,330|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Cheri Frame|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Bowl, Beta Club, Chess Club, Community Service, Concert Bands, Dance - Band Auxiliaries, Dance - Hip Hop, Dance - Prop, Debate, Environmental Club, FCA, Honor Council, Jazz Bands, Latin Club, Marching Band, Math Team, Mock Trial, Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, Robotics, Student Activity Council, Student Leadership (Project LEAD), Theatre Academic Bowl, Beta Club, Chess Club, Concert Bands, Dance - Prop, Debate, FCA, Honor Council, Jazz Bands, Latin Club, Marching Band, Math Team, Mock Trial, Mu Alpha Theta, Robotics, Theatre, Community Service,|
Dance - Band Auxiliaries,
Dance - Hip Hop,
National Honor Society,
Student Activity Council,
Student Leadership (Project LEAD),
- First Presbyterian Day School provides a college preparatory education based on a Christian world and life view. The elementary school has been recognized as a nation Blue Ribbon School and the upper school was recognized as an exemplary Christian secondary program in a study published jointly by CSI and ACSI. The academic program is comprehensive but founded in the traditional liberal arts and sciences. Many opportunities in the Fine Arts are available, both during the school day and through extracurricular involvement. A wide variety of athletic, academic, and service opportunities are available and are considered critical parts of the school program. FPD sports and literary teams currently compete interscholastically in the Georgia High School Association, Division A, Region 7.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MaconGrades: NS-12 | 935 students
6010 Peake Road
Macon, GA 31220
- MaconGrades: PK-12 | 628 students
111 Trojan Trl
Macon, GA 31210
- MaconGrades: 6-12 | 610 students
851 Orange Street
Macon, GA 31201
- MaconGrades: PK-12 | 314 students
8460 Hawkinsville Rd
Macon, GA 31216
- Warner RobinsGrades: K-12 | 36 students
2601 Watson Blvd
Warner Robins, GA 31093
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.