First Presbyterian Day School
First Presbyterian Day School Photo #2 - Christian based education permeates every aspect both during and after school.
First Presbyterian Day School Photo #3 - Fifth grade students participating in science lab experiments.
First Presbyterian Day School Photo #5 - Active and engaged learning using tablet technology in order to equip students for college and careers in the digital age.
First Presbyterian Day School Photo #6 - State of the art fine arts program featuring classes in art, theatre, photography, chorus, dance, band, elementary music, and AP art.
- FPD defines our Profile of a Graduate as a lifelong learner, challenged by the gospel, equipped for wellness, self-aware and growing, engaged and persuasive, and sensitive to others.
- Achieving this goal requires a curriculum that exposes students to a thoughtful sequence of study, building a foundation of knowledge in each discipline and encouraging thoughtful analysis and application.
- Our high school offers an academically challenging curriculum underpinned by sound biblical principles.
- When FPD students graduate, they are prepared to attend some our nation`s finest colleges and universities with a firm foundation in their faith and knowledge of the world around them.
First Presbyterian Day School places among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2003, 2012, 2015|
|Total Students||800 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||92 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science A, English Language, English Literature, European History, French Language, Latin - Vergil, Physics 1, Physics 2, Spanish Language, Statistics, Studio Art - 2D, Studio Art - 3D, Studio Art - Drawing, US Government and Politics, US History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||PK - $7,290; K - $8,850; Grades 1-5 - $13,890; Grades 6-8 - $14,450; Grades 9-12 - $15,150|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
|Admissions Director||Kris Vaughn|
|Admissions Associate||Tammy Jones|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Beta Club, Chess Club, Community Service, Debate, Environmental Club, FCA, Honor Council, Latin Club, Math Team, Mock Trial, Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, Robotics, Student Activity Council, Student Leadership (Project LEAD)
Arts and Music Programs:
Concert Bands, Dance - Band Auxiliaries, Dance - Hip Hop, Dance - Prop, Jazz Bands, Marching Band, Theatre
- First Presbyterian Day School provides a college preparatory education based on a Christian world and life view. The elementary school has been recognized as a nation Blue Ribbon School and the upper school was recognized as an exemplary Christian secondary program in a study published jointly by CSI and ACSI. The academic program is comprehensive but founded in the traditional liberal arts and sciences. Many opportunities in the Fine Arts are available, both during the school day and through extracurricular involvement. A wide variety of athletic, academic, and service opportunities are available and are considered critical parts of the school program. FPD sports and literary teams currently compete interscholastically in the Georgia High School Association, Division A, Region 7.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Macon Grades: PK-12 | 569 students
111 Trojan Trl
Macon, GA 31210
(478) 477-6760 2.4 PK-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.