First Presbyterian Day School
First Presbyterian Day School Photo #3 - Active and engaged learning using tablet technology in order to equip students for college and careers in the digital age.
First Presbyterian Day School Photo #4 - State of the art fine arts program featuring classes in art, theatre, photography, chorus, dance, band, elementary music, and AP art.
First Presbyterian Day School Photo #5 - Christian based education permeates every aspect both during and after school.
First Presbyterian Day School Photo #6 - Only high school gymnastic program in Macon. Multiple athletic opportunities for both boys and girls.
- First Presbyterian Day School provides a college preparatory education founded in a Christian world view.
- "Educating and equipping students to change the world for God's glory.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2003, 2012, 2015|
|Total Students||842 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||92 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science A, English Language, English Literature, European History, French Language, Latin - Vergil, Physics 1, Physics 2, Spanish Language, Statistics, Studio Art - 2D, Studio Art - 3D, Studio Art - Drawing, US Government and Politics, US History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||PK - $7,120; K - $8,670; Grades 1-5 - $13,620; Grades 6-8 - $14,100; Grades 9-12 - $14,750|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Cheri Frame|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Bowl, Beta Club, Chess Club, Community Service, Debate, Environmental Club, FCA, Honor Council, Latin Club, Math Team, Mock Trial, Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, Robotics, Student Activity Council, Student Leadership (Project LEAD)
Arts and Music Programs:
Concert Bands, Dance - Band Auxiliaries, Dance - Hip Hop, Dance - Prop, Jazz Bands, Marching Band, Theatre
- First Presbyterian Day School provides a college preparatory education based on a Christian world and life view. The elementary school has been recognized as a nation Blue Ribbon School and the upper school was recognized as an exemplary Christian secondary program in a study published jointly by CSI and ACSI. The academic program is comprehensive but founded in the traditional liberal arts and sciences. Many opportunities in the Fine Arts are available, both during the school day and through extracurricular involvement. A wide variety of athletic, academic, and service opportunities are available and are considered critical parts of the school program. FPD sports and literary teams currently compete interscholastically in the Georgia High School Association, Division A, Region 7.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Macon Grades: NS-12 | 935 students
6010 Peake Road
Macon, GA 31220
(478)477-8073 0.6 NS-12
- Macon Grades: PK-12 | 576 students
111 Trojan Trl
Macon, GA 31210
(478)477-6760 2.4 PK-12
- Memphis Grades: 9-12 | 830 students
5900 Walnut Grove Rd
Memphis, TN 38120
(901)682-7801 383.3 9-12
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.