Mount Ellis Academy
Tel: (406) 587-5178
Mount Ellis Academy Photo #2 - In this photo an MEA student takes advantage of the school's private ski hill which is operated throughout the winter. There are also two public ski areas nearby; Big Sky Ski Resort and Bridger Bowl.
Mount Ellis Academy Photo #4 - MEA kicks off the school year with an "outdoor school." The students have gone camping in the Tetons, Glacier National Park, Yellowstone National Park, and have taken a canoe trip 47 miles down the Missouri River following the trail of Lewis and Clark.
Mount Ellis Academy Photo #5 - There are many fun and interesting opportunities at outdoor school (a week-long camping trip to kick off the school year). In this picture an MEA student dons a wetsuit before snorkeling.
Mount Ellis Academy Photo #6 - MEA sophomores participate in a Dog Shark dissection in Biology class.
Mount Ellis Academy Photo #8 - Every other year, Mount Ellis Academy takes students on a mission trip. In this photo an MEA student monitors a patient's blood pressure during a mission trip to Peru.
Mount Ellis Academy, a Seventh-day Adventist High School, is open to students from all faiths. As a Christ-following community we seek to help students: DISCOVER the reality of their Creator
DEVELOP their God-given gifts SERVE in His Kingdom
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Northwest Association of Accredited Schools|
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 20%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(The MEA handbook outlines the rules by which students should use to dress when at school or school functions. The basic outline for the dress code is modesty.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,137|
|Tuition Notes||$16,667.00 for a boarding student, $10,137 for a day student.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,978|
|Admissions Director||Juanita Starkebaum|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||BFS (Weightlifting/Fitness Program), Hiking, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding/Skiing|
- What would life be like without adventure The most exciting stories told are packed with epic experiences. So what about your story
- Would you like to DISCOVER adventure and purpose in your life To be in an environment where the wilds of nature are part of your extended classroom To DEVELOP a relationship with the Creator of adventure and give Him your life To pursue academic excellence and SERVE in His Kingdom
- If you desire to have these as a part of your story, I want to personally invite you to join our family. My own story is filled with adventure, and it all started right here at Mount Ellis Academy. I want that same opportunity for you. I look forward to helping you make MEA a part of your life's story, filled with adventure.
- - Michael Lee, principal
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Caldwell Grades: 9-12 | 67 students
16115 S Montana Ave
Caldwell, ID 83607
(208) 459-1627 315.2 9-12
- Gentry Grades: 9-12 | 146 students
20997 Dawn Hill East Rd
Gentry, AR 72734
(479) 736-2221 1073.8 9-12
- Holbrook Grades: 1-12 | 89 students
2001 Mclaws Rd.
Holbrook, AZ 86025
(928) 524-6845 744.1 1-12
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.