Mt Alvernia High School
Tel: (617) 969-2260
- Our Mission is to provide for the spiritual, intellectual, and technological needs of the students, instill in the students an awareness of their relationship with the Creator, the world, and its inhabitants, offer a strong core curriculum based on traditional disciplines which fosters an interdisciplinary approach to learning, encourage courageous, compassionate, articulate women who believe that life has a purpose, who are able to discern the "good," and who will be an effective force for it in the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||220 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milton Grades: 9-12 | 258 students
930 Brook Road
Milton, MA 02186
(617) 615-3014 8.9 9-12
- Newton Grades: 5-12 | 410 students
785 Centre St
Newton, MA 02458
(617) 244-4246 0 5-12
- Boston Grades: 5-12 | 471 students
103 Pilgrim Road
Boston, MA 02215
(617) 735-9503 4.2 5-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.