National University Virtual High School
- National University Virtual High School (NUVHS) offers the premier online learning experience and strives to provide students with an opportunity to achieve academic excellence through an active, engaging and cooperative online learning environment.
- NUVHS is a private, nonprofit online secondary school that enrolls both full time students and those who prefer to attend our school part-time to supplement their onsite middle or high school program. Through our open enrollment format, students may start classes at any time throughout the year.
- Students may log into University of California "a-g" and NCAA approved online courses at any time and are also provided with 24/7 technical support.
- NUVHS students work at a flexible course completion pace, taking one or multiple semester-length courses at a time with 5-16 weeks to complete each class.
- All NUVHS courses are written to Common Core State Standards.
- Courses are taught by credentialed, highly-qualified subject area teachers who are specially trained to provide online instruction.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||3273 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Language and Composition A/B, AP Calculus A/B, AP Calculus B/C, AP Economics (Macro), AP European History A/B, AP French Language and Culture, AP Government, AP Literature and Composition A/B, AP Psychology A/B, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Statistics A/B, AP US History A/B,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(All courses are offered online )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$310|
|Tuition Notes||Current tuition rates for the 2017-18 academic year are $310 per semester course; $395 per semester Advanced Placement (AP) course. Some courses require a $60 materials fee. There is a one-time, non-refundable application fee of $60.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Darren Smith|
|Admissions Associate||Elysa Mena|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Mobile Apps Club, Photography Club, Sports & Fitness Clu|
- As an affiliate of National University, NUVHS can offer academically strong students the opportunity to get a jump start on college by earning dual credit when they take classes through National University while still in middle or high school. Additionally, all NUVHS students have access to the University`s Writing Center and Math Center tutors, the Career Center, and the National University Library, one of the nation`s largest online libraries, with over 84,000 e-books and 16,500 periodicals.
- NUVHS enrolls students throughout the U.S. and internationally.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San DiegoGrades: 9-12 | 1618 students
5555 Del Mar Heights Rd
San Diego, CA 92130
- San DiegoGrades: K-9 | 212 students
1228 S 38th St
San Diego, CA 92113
- San DiegoGrades: NS-12 | 573 students
11860 Carmel Creek Road
San Diego, CA 92130
- La JollaGrades: 6-12 | 800 students
7607 La Jolla Blvd
La Jolla, CA 92037
- EncinitasGrades: 7-12 | 160 students
1500 El Camino Real
Encinitas, CA 92024
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.