National University Virtual High School
- National University Virtual High School (NUVHS) offers the premier online learning experience and strives to provide students with an opportunity to achieve academic excellence through an active, engaging and cooperative online learning environment.
- NUVHS is a private, nonprofit online secondary school that enrolls both full time students and those who prefer to attend our school part-time to supplement their onsite middle or high school program. Through our open enrollment format, students may start classes at any time throughout the year.
- Students may log into University of California "a-g" and NCAA approved online courses at any time and are also provided with 24/7 technical support.
- NUVHS students work at a flexible course completion pace, taking one or multiple semester-length courses at a time with 5-16 weeks to complete each class.
- All NUVHS courses are written to Common Core State Standards.
- Courses are taught by credentialed, highly-qualified subject area teachers who are specially trained to provide online instruction.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||3273 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Language and Composition A/B, AP Calculus A/B, AP Calculus B/C, AP Economics (Macro), AP European History A/B, AP French Language and Culture, AP Government, AP Literature and Composition A/B, AP Psychology A/B, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Statistics A/B, AP US History A/B|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(All courses are offered online )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$310|
|Tuition Notes||Current tuition rates for the 2018-19 academic year are $310 per semester course; $395 per semester Advanced Placement (AP) course. Some courses require a $60 materials fee. There is a one-time, non-refundable application fee of $60.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Darren Smith|
|Admissions Associate||Elysa Mena|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Mobile Apps Club, Photography Club, Sports & Fitness Club|
- As an affiliate of National University, NUVHS can offer academically strong students the opportunity to get a jump start on college by earning dual credit when they take classes through National University while still in middle or high school. Additionally, all NUVHS students have access to the University`s Writing Center and Math Center tutors, the Career Center, and the National University Library, one of the nation`s largest online libraries, with over 84,000 e-books and 16,500 periodicals.
- NUVHS enrolls students throughout the U.S. and internationally.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Grades: 9-12 | 1628 students
5555 Del Mar Heights Rd
San Diego, CA 92130
(858)523-4000 24.1 9-12
- Burbank Grades: 9-12 | 434 students
511 S Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91505
(818)846-8141 127.5 9-12
- Burbank Grades: 9-12 | 275 students
465 E Olive Avenue
Burbank, CA 91501
(818)972-1400 128.5 9-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.