Navajo Christian Preparatory Academy
- The Navajo Lutheran provides a number of services to the Rock Point community.
- Some programs are throughout the entire year, and others are held on special holidays.
- We will also be starting new programs in the future, so watch this section for continuing updates.
- The Mission School is an elementary school serving children in Kindergarten through 6th grade.
- The students who attend the Mission School come from the surrounding Rock Point area.
- During registration the Summer of 2007, the Mission had to turn away students because we were filled to capacity.
- This truly is a statement of the need for a larger and newer facility.
- The Navajo Lutheran Mission, in partnership with the Navajo People and rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, is a community seeking to meet the educational, health, social and spiritual needs of the Navajo People.
|Religious Affiliation||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Teec Nos Pos Grades: K-12 | 60 students
2000 So. Rd 351
Teec Nos Pos, AZ 86514
(928)856-3001 21.6 K-12
- Pinon Grades: NS-K | 44 students
Po Box 159
Pinon, AZ 86510
(928)725-3234 54.1 NS-K
- Waterflow Grades: K-12 | 38 students
23 Road 6825
Waterflow, NM 87421
(505)598-5019 62.7 K-12
- Cortez Grades: K-8 | 29 students
540 W 4th St
Cortez, CO 81321
(970)565-8257 71.6 K-8
- Cortez Grades: PK-K | 54 students
1204 E. Empire St
Cortez, CO 81321
(970)565-8586 72.5 PK-K
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.