Navajo Christian Preparatory Academy
- The Navajo Lutheran provides a number of services to the Rock Point community.
- Some programs are throughout the entire year, and others are held on special holidays.
- We will also be starting new programs in the future, so watch this section for continuing updates.
- The Mission School is an elementary school serving children in Kindergarten through 6th grade.
- The students who attend the Mission School come from the surrounding Rock Point area.
- During registration the Summer of 2007, the Mission had to turn away students because we were filled to capacity.
- This truly is a statement of the need for a larger and newer facility.
- The Navajo Lutheran Mission, in partnership with the Navajo People and rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, is a community seeking to meet the educational, health, social and spiritual needs of the Navajo People.
|Religious Affiliation||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Teec Nos Pos Grades: K-12 | 60 students
2000 So. Rd 351
Teec Nos Pos, AZ 86514
(928)856-3001 21.6 K-12
- Monument Valley Grades: 1-8 | 23 students
2nd St # 3
Monument Valley, UT 84536
(435)727-3270 36.2 1-8
- Pinon Grades: NS-K | 44 students
Po Box 159
Pinon, AZ 86510
(928)725-3234 54.1 NS-K
- Waterflow Grades: K-12 | 38 students
23 Road 6825
Waterflow, NM 87421
(505)598-5019 62.7 K-12
- Cortez Grades: K-8 | 29 students
540 W 4th St
Cortez, CO 81321
(970)565-8257 71.6 K-8
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.