- New Directions School is a non-public Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) special education school.
- Penny Lane residents and children from the community receive specialized educational services addressing both academic and behavioral issues in a junior-senior high school that includes intramural sports, computer lab, and student government.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Canoga Park Grades: 8-12 | 40 students
7119 Owensmouth Avenue
Canoga Park, CA 91303
(818)992-0301 7.1 8-12
- Pasadena Grades: 7-12 | 37 students
36 S Kinneloa Avenue Suite 110
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626)844-3033 23.6 7-12
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.