- New Directions School is a non-public Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) special education school.
- Penny Lane residents and children from the community receive specialized educational services addressing both academic and behavioral issues in a junior-senior high school that includes intramural sports, computer lab, and student government.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Canoga Park Grades: 8-12 | 40 students
7119 Owensmouth Avenue
Canoga Park, CA 91303
(818)992-0301 7.1 8-12
- Pasadena Grades: 7-12 | 37 students
36 S Kinneloa Avenue Suite 110
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626)844-3033 23.6 7-12
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.