New Morning School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (734) 420-3331
- New Morning School was established in 1973 by teachers and parents who believed in educational tenets as: the program should be individualized to maximize each student's learning potential; children learn best by doing; children should learn to be responsible for their learning and for their behavior; students need to be prepared for a technological world and parental involvement is critical to a child's education.
- At New Morning the needs of the individual come first.
- Each student has strengths and weaknesses. At New Morning School each student works at his/her level in various academic areas.
- Goals for each child are periodically reviewed and new challenges added.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Independent Michigan Schools (AIMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||92 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Joan Barrett|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Plymouth Grades: 6-12
15374 N Haggerty Rd
Plymouth, MI 48170
(734) 548-8740 0.6 6-12
- Plymouth Grades: K-10 | 44 students
15585 N Haggerty Road
Plymouth, MI 48170
(734) 420-4044 0.7 K-10
- Plymouth Grades: NS-PK | 60 students
104 N Main Street
Plymouth, MI 48170
(734) 453-7744 1.6 NS-PK
My children enjoy the smaller, comfortable class size. It's a very safe school and it stressed "kindness" as its theme this year. Also, the science program is phenomenal; there is even a series of summer STEM (or STEAM) courses for a wide range of age groups. If you are a parent who chooses to be active, this is a great school, indeed! We also appreciate the diversity found at New Morning School. Highly recommend NMS!
- Posted by Parent - NMS.Parent
New Morning School is fantastic! The teachers and staff are excellent. The student-to-teacher ratio allows each student to thrive with an individualized learning plan. Parent involvement is encouraged, and it creates a great school community. Our children are thriving and developing as confident leaders.
- Posted by Parent - JLaible
This school is a game changer. I have watched our 5 children (mine, plus nieces/nephews) absolutely thrive. They LOVE going to school, and watching not only their knowledge, but their confidence grow has been wonderful.New Morning School uses excellent technology. In fact, if you have a student with dyslexia (or other learning challenges), NMS is the school for you! After only 1 year, my child has changed by leaps and bounds in his ability, and more importantly, his desire and enjoyment of reading and writing. I can't say enough. Where else do you get teachers with doctorate and masters' degrees, who not only teach but teach your child to lead? It's a loving and fun environment with an excellent teacher-to-student ratio.
- Posted by Parent - Jeannine
New Morning School is an excellent private school. My son is in 2nd grade and the classroom, teachers and other scholars are all worderful. Highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - mary.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.