New Morning School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (734) 420-3331
- New Morning School was established in 1973 by teachers and parents who believed in educational tenets as: the program should be individualized to maximize each student's learning potential; children learn best by doing; children should learn to be responsible for their learning and for their behavior; students need to be prepared for a technological world and parental involvement is critical to a child's education.
- At New Morning the needs of the individual come first.
- Each student has strengths and weaknesses. At New Morning School each student works at his/her level in various academic areas.
- Goals for each child are periodically reviewed and new challenges added.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Independent Michigan Schools (AIMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||92 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Joan Barrett|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Plymouth Grades: 6-12
15374 N Haggerty Rd
Plymouth, MI 48170
(734) 548-8740 0.6 6-12
- Plymouth Grades: K-10 | 44 students
15585 N Haggerty Road
Plymouth, MI 48170
(734) 420-4044 0.7 K-10
- Plymouth Grades: NS-PK | 60 students
104 N Main Street
Plymouth, MI 48170
(734) 453-7744 1.6 NS-PK
My children enjoy the smaller, comfortable class size. It's a very safe school and it stressed "kindness" as its theme this year. Also, the science program is phenomenal; there is even a series of summer STEM (or STEAM) courses for a wide range of age groups. If you are a parent who chooses to be active, this is a great school, indeed! We also appreciate the diversity found at New Morning School. Highly recommend NMS!
- Posted by Parent - NMS.Parent
New Morning School is fantastic! The teachers and staff are excellent. The student-to-teacher ratio allows each student to thrive with an individualized learning plan. Parent involvement is encouraged, and it creates a great school community. Our children are thriving and developing as confident leaders.
- Posted by Parent - JLaible
This school is a game changer. I have watched our 5 children (mine, plus nieces/nephews) absolutely thrive. They LOVE going to school, and watching not only their knowledge, but their confidence grow has been wonderful.New Morning School uses excellent technology. In fact, if you have a student with dyslexia (or other learning challenges), NMS is the school for you! After only 1 year, my child has changed by leaps and bounds in his ability, and more importantly, his desire and enjoyment of reading and writing. I can't say enough. Where else do you get teachers with doctorate and masters' degrees, who not only teach but teach your child to lead? It's a loving and fun environment with an excellent teacher-to-student ratio.
- Posted by Parent - Jeannine
New Morning School is an excellent private school. My son is in 2nd grade and the classroom, teachers and other scholars are all worderful. Highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - mary.
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.