New Road School
The New Road School of Ocean County opened in December 1998 in the town of Toms River.
We recently moved to our new facility in Lakewood, where we serve students aged 5 to 21 who are experiencing any of the following: learning disabilities, social or emotional disabilities, behavioral disabilities, and/or combinations of the above.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 2-12
- Students: 49 students
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 39%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- As a private school approved by the New Jersey Department of Education, the New Road School of Ocean County's program adheres to the state's CCCS (Core Curriculum Content Standards) regarding implementation of IEP goals and objectives for students with disabilities.
- We design our programs to focus on the specific learning strengths and needs of each child. Because we individualize our programs, we're able to meet each student at whatever level he or she performs. Small classes, personal attention, and a positive learning experience are the hallmarks of the New Road School.
- As the student builds on classroom successes, those achievements lead to a healthier self-esteem. Our students feel good about themselves. They develop confidence in their abilities as students and as individuals.
Endorse New Road School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
December 16, 2021Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
December 15, 2021Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.