New Road School
- The New Road School of Ocean County opened in December 1998 in the town of Toms River.
- We recently moved to our new facility in Lakewood, where we serve students aged 5 to 21 who are experiencing any of the following: learning disabilities, social or emotional disabilities, behavioral disabilities, and/or combinations of the above.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
National Independent Private Schools Association
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||48 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- As a private school approved by the New Jersey Department of Education, the New Road School of Ocean County's program adheres to the state's CCCS (Core Curriculum Content Standards) regarding implementation of IEP goals and objectives for students with disabilities.
- We design our programs to focus on the specific learning strengths and needs of each child. Because we individualize our programs, we're able to meet each student at whatever level he or she performs. Small classes, personal attention, and a positive learning experience are the hallmarks of the New Road School.
- As the student builds on classroom successes, those achievements lead to a healthier self-esteem. Our students feel good about themselves. They develop confidence in their abilities as students and as individuals.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bayville Grades: 3-12 | 43 students
160 Atlantic City Blvd
Bayville, NJ 08721
(732)505-2260 9.4 3-12
- Chatham Grades: NS | 192 students
21 Lum Ave
Chatham, NJ 07928
(973)635-1700 47.8 NS
- Neptune Grades: 2-12 | 116 students
1604 Woodfield Rd
Neptune, NJ 07753
(732)681-6900 11.9 2-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.