Newport Montessori School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Newport Montessori has been serving the community for over 40 years.
- We serve toddler, primary and K1 children. Our school promotes the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori, who believed that all deserve the opportunity to become the most complete "person" possible; continuing her work, we are dedicated to growing confidence, creativity and strength in each of the children entrusted to our care.
Newport Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-1|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$1,200|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Tuition varies on the child's age and program selected.|
|Total Students||136 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(neat, comfortable and functional)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,200|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies on the child's age and program selected.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Brittany Brito|
|Admissions Associate||Mary Mellone|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Dance, Gymnastics, Soccer, TennisBallet, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ceramics, dance class, martial arts, Piano, Yoga|
- At Newport Montessori School, each child progresses at his or her own pace- free to choose from and work with a world of vivid "sensorial" materials and tools of "discovery". Our dedicated staff encourages independent thinking and individual learning. We work toward the enhancement of each child's awareness of and participation in the "wholeness of life".
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Costa Mesa Grades: NS-8 | 134 students
657 Victoria Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949)642-0411 3 NS-8
- Costa Mesa Grades: PK-8 | 307 students
1964 Orange Ave
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949)574-7411 2.3 PK-8
My daughter loves this preschool. She's only been going for a year and she is already ahead for her age. She's only 3 and already reading books to me!! Best investment ever!
- Posted by Parent - Krist
My niece is smart. She's not even in kindergarten yet, but largely in part to Newport Montessori School. She can read and she knows some basics about dance, art, music, and tennis. She aced her entrance exam into an honors program, she can give you a breakdown of every Disney film, and on some days she even gets to take field trips to the water park and Pink Berry.
- Posted by Parent - egeor
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.