Northfield Mount Hermon School
- Top Ranked MA School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 650 students
- Yearly Tuition: $63,500
- Acceptance rate: 32%
- Average class size: 11 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Northfield Mount Hermon School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
African Students Association, Breakaway (Christian fellowship), Chess Club, Chinese-Speaking Student Union, Circle of Sisters, Debate Society, End the Silence, Entrepreneurship Club, Found Threads (adoption focused club), Gender Sexuality Alliance, Girl Up, Hong Kong Student Assn., Hong Kong Student Association, Interfaith Student Council, Investment Club, Japanese Student Association, Jewish Student Alliance, Kazakh Student Association, Korean Student Assn., Mindfulness Meditation, Model United Nations, NMH Coding Club, Operation Happy Birthday, Orienteering, Russian-Speaking Student Association, SALSA Club, Science Club, South Asian Student Assn., Student Activities Committee, Student Alumni Association, Taiwanese Student Assn., The Bridge (newspaper), The Brothers, The F Word (feminist club), The Girl Effect (feminist club), The Hermonite (newspaper), The Mooncatcher Project (social service), Vietnamese Student Assn., Young Republicans
Arts and Music Programs:
Hogappella (a cappella), Northfield Mount Harmony (a cappella), The Nellies (a cappella), Theater Lab
- Northfield Mount Hermon (NMH) is a coed, independent boarding school of 655 students in grades 912 plus a postgraduate year.
- NMH offers a challenging, innovative college-preparatory curriculum with extensive choices that include study-abroad programs, a social entrepreneurship course, independent study, and community-service work. Supported and guided by expert faculty and staff, students are encouraged to pursue their passions, discover new ones, and make their own unique contributions to the NMH community.
- Our faculty devote an extraordinary amount of time and energy to fostering students` accomplishment and success, both in and out of the classroom. The result is students who think critically, act with humanity, and discover within themselves a sense of purpose.
- Our distinctive College-Model Academic Program (CMAP) is centered around 80-minute class periods that are longer than those in a typical high school class. So students explore each subject in greater depth and spend more time with their teachers. Students take three major courses each semester - six per year, which is one more than at schools with traditional schedules. Our average class size is 11 students. Each faculty member teaches on average only two courses a semester, allowing them to spend focused time with a small group of students.
- We focus on the whole student, meeting individual needs while integrating students into a diverse, busy community. Our "Partnership of 12" initiative is a network of adults (at least a dozen every semester) who support each student every day. The network includes teachers, coaches, dorm staff, and work supervisors.
- NMH has made serious commitments to multiculturalism throughout its long history. Currently, students of color make up 21 percent of the student body, and international students come from 57 countries. The school focuses extensively on racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, religious, and gender diversity in extracurricular workshops and events throughout the year.
- Our sustainability program empowers students to explore and protect the environment and become active citizens of a changing planet.In short, NMH helps students develop into people who are down to earth, yet performing up to their potential.
- Our students are academically challenged, socially engaged, and constantly surprised by both themselves and the world.
Endorse Northfield Mount Hermon School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards