- Top Ranked MA School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 645 students
- Yearly Tuition: $69,188
- Acceptance rate: 32%
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15
- Source: Verified school update
Northfield Mount Hermon School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
AASA: Asian American Students Association, African Students Association, Amnesty International, Breakaway (Christian fellowship), Chess Club, Chinese-Speaking Student Union, Circle of Sisters, Debate Club, Debate Society, End the Silence, Entrepreneurship Club, Found Threads (adoption focused club), Gender Sexuality Alliance, Hong Kong Student Assn., Hong Kong Student Association, Interfaith Student Council, Investment Club, Japanese Student Association, Jewish Student Alliance, Kazakh Student Association, Korean Student Assn., Lamplighter (newspaper), Mandala, Mindfulness Meditation, Model United Nations, Muslim Student Association, NMH Coding Club, Operation Happy Birthday, Orienteering, Russian-Speaking Student Association, SALSA Club, Science Club, South Asian Student Assn., Student Activities Committee, Student Alumni Association, Taiwanese Student Assn., The Brothers, Vietnamese Student Assn.
Arts and Music Programs:
Hogappella (a cappella), Northfield Mount Harmony (a cappella), The Nellies (a cappella), Theater Lab
- Northfield Mount Hermon is a coeducational, secular boarding day school serving 650 students in grades 9 through 12, plus a postgraduate year. We are located on a serene, wooded 1,320-acre campus in Massachusetts` Connecticut River Valley.
- At NMH, students learn with passion, act with humanity, and lead with intention, as they find purpose in their potential. We provide an advanced educational experience that supports students as they discover and follow their passions in an inclusive, global community. Students come from almost 60 countries, and 25% of domestic students are students of color.
- NMH`s distinctive College-Model Academic Program (CMAP) allows students to explore subjects in greater depth and develop deeper relationships with their teachers. NMH`s average class size is 13 students, and our studentteacher ratio is 6 to 1. The NMH Advanced Program curriculum goes beyond typical AP courses, allowing students to take on college-level work and apply their learning using real-world skills and project-based assessments.
- NMH balances a challenging, innovative college-preparatory curriculum with extensive opportunities in international studies, athletics, the arts, and service. It`s an academic culture that prioritizes participatory, experiential learning; thoughtful exploration; and multi-disciplinary connections.
- Our curriculum-based campus life program is an immersive experience that connects learning objectives across all aspects of academic and residential life. Every member of our community is expected to engage across differing identities, to recognize and challenge biases, and to develop world views in a spirit of dialogue, not division.
- Each NMH student is surrounded by a network of compassionate adult mentors - advisors, teachers, coaches, and residential staff - who guide them and help them reach sky-high aspirations. This program, which we call Connection 360, connects residential-life and advising systems to support each student`s growth.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Northfield Mount Hermon School cost?
What is the acceptance rate of Northfield Mount Hermon School?
What sports does Northfield Mount Hermon School offer?
What is Northfield Mount Hermon School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Northfield Mount Hermon School?
Endorse Northfield Mount Hermon School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards