- Notre Dame Academy was founded by smart, independent, powerful women, the Sisters of the Congregation of Notre Dame (CNDs).
- These women refused to believe the stereotypes about what girls could or should learn.
- From the beginning, the curriculum at NDA provided a complete academic program, including "male" subjects like physics and geometry, as well as cultivating girls physical and athletic abilities.
- The students at NDA were prepared for college when that was still a radical idea as the norm for young women.
- The Sisters didn't "finish" girls; they empowered girls. Notre Dame Academy enabled students to identify and unfold their boundless potential and gifts, and positioned them as future history-makers and leaders.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||258 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Staten IslandGrades: 9-12 | 531 students
850 Hylan Blvd
Staten Island, NY 10305
Staten IslandGrades: K-9 | 541 students
3560 Richmond Rd
Staten Island, NY 10306
Staten IslandGrades: K-9 | 776 students
5411 Amboy Rd
Staten Island, NY 10312
Staten IslandGrades: PK-8 | 255 students
23 Summit St
Staten Island, NY 10307
Staten IslandGrades: PK-8 | 308 students
50 Maguire Ave
Staten Island, NY 10309
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.