Notre Dame Academy Elementary School
Tel: (718) 273-4335
- Notre Dame Academy was founded by smart, independent, powerful women, the Sisters of the Congregation of Notre Dame (CNDs).
- These women refused to believe the stereotypes about what girls could or should learn.
- From the beginning, the curriculum at NDA provided a complete academic program, including "male" subjects like physics and geometry, as well as cultivating girls physical and athletic abilities.
- The students at NDA were prepared for college when that was still a radical idea as the norm for young women.
- The Sisters didn't "finish" girls; they empowered girls. Notre Dame Academy enabled students to identify and unfold their boundless potential and gifts, and positioned them as future history-makers and leaders.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||236 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Staten Island Grades: PK-8 | 177 students
23 Summit St
Staten Island, NY 10307
(718) 984-1360 11.6 PK-8
- Staten Island Grades: PK-8 | 631 students
5411 Amboy Rd
Staten Island, NY 10312
(718) 984-5750 8.6 PK-8
- Staten Island Grades: PK-8 | 224 students
50 Maguire Ave
Staten Island, NY 10309
(718) 356-3344 9.5 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.