St Joseph - St. Thomas School
- St. Joseph-St. Thomas School is a fully accredited Parish catholic school within the Archdiocese of New York.
- St. Joseph St. Thomas School's mission is to provide a Christ centered environment rooted in Catholic values and academic excellence.
- We strive to prepare each student spiritually, intellectually, socially and culturally for life journey.
- St. Joseph St. Thomas School accepts the command of Jesus, "Go, teach all nations." The total education process of our school aims to assist our students in the development of their spiritual, moral, intellectual, physical, social and aesthetic potential.
- We believe that a child must be challenged academically and nurtured spiritually.
- We see each child as an individual, and we believe that teamwork is essential for success.
- At St. Joseph St. Thomas School we encourage the creative and critical thinking of each student and foster a sense of responsibility.
- We strive to help our young people develop an awareness of their role in a Catholic faith community and acquire life-long habits of Christian living.
- We encourage service to parish, school, community, nation and world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||224 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Staten Island Grades: PK-8 | 631 students
5411 Amboy Rd
Staten Island, NY 10312
(718) 984-5750 1.1 PK-8
- Staten Island Grades: PK-8 | 177 students
23 Summit St
Staten Island, NY 10307
(718) 984-1360 2.1 PK-8
- Staten Island Grades: PK-8 | 236 students
78 Howard Ave
Staten Island, NY 10301
(718) 273-4335 9.5 PK-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.