5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (718) 966-8695 Ext. 140
- At Gateway Academy, our focus is on our students. We view each student as having been blessed with great gifts and passions in order to use, to enjoy, and to enrich other people's lives with.
- Our goal is to help students realize their full potential. The dream of each student is personal - to become that artist, lawyer, nurse, teacher, physicist, and pilot - already visualized in their mind.
- Our responsibility is to provide the best possible launch pad for that dream to become a reality. This responsibility we take very seriously.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Total Students||256 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit gatewayacademyny.org for tuition schedule.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Stacey Bacenet|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Sports||Flag FootballFlag Football|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
ASL Club, Chess Class, Journalism/School Newspaper, Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
Performing Arts Center
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cheer Squad, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball
- Thank you for your interest in Gateway Academy (GA). GA is a private daycare, pre-k 3, UPK 4, K through High School Christian school serving students and their families in Staten Island and parts of New Jersey. It`s our desire to partner with parents and churches in fulfilling their God-given responsibility to teach children that "In Christ are hidden all the treasures of wisdom & knowledge" (Col. 2:3).
- GA, a ministry of Gateway Church, sits on a 17-acre campus. GA is certified with the ECFA for financial accountability and is an Association of Christian Schools International member school. Our motto is Think. Believe. Become. Think represents rigorous academic and worldview training. Believe represents young people committing their lives to Christ. And Become represents students who pursue God`s calling on their lives. GA wants to prepare students to impact the world in such fields as education, public policy, entertainment, media, ministry and business among others.
- Our Mission Statement: Gateway Academy partners with parents to equip children with exceptional knowledge in academic subjects, the arts, and culture, through the truths of Christianity and a Biblical Worldview, to serve and glorify God.To learn more about GA please view our latest highlight video https://vimeo.com/331680860
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Staten Island Grades: PK-7 | 127 students
300 Genesee Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10312
(718) 356-7811 3.9 PK-7
- Staten Island Grades: PK-8 | 631 students
5411 Amboy Rd
Staten Island, NY 10312
(718) 984-5750 2.2 PK-8
- Staten Island Grades: PK-12 | 341 students
715 Todt Hill Rd
Staten Island, NY 10304
(718) 303-7806 8 PK-12
- Staten Island Grades: PK-8 | 479 students
830 Delafield Ave
Staten Island, NY 10310
(718) 442-3090 9.1 PK-8
- Staten Island Grades: PK-8 | 150 students
259 Rose Ave
Staten Island, NY 10306
(718) 351-4442 7 PK-8
If you are looking for a safe school, (with out bullying), high academic standards, that teachers and instills Christian values, this is the school for you. As a parents of a soon to be 4th grader in Sept. I couldn't be happier, when i drop my son off I have a clear head I know he is well taken care of in EVERY WAY. It's so refreshing to know they have a handle on every child in this school, everyone knows each others name and is always acknowledged. It's a ray of educational sunshine on Staten Island
- Posted by Parent - shake
I can't say enough about this hidden treasure on Staten Island! My child has been here since PreK and is currently in the Academy's Middle School. The Academy is our extended family. Everyone knows you by name and all the students look out for each other, regardless of the grade they are in. Academically, Spiritually, and Socially my child has thrived from day one. Now we just need a High School so we can continue here!!!
- Posted by Parent - gusgu
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?