- For more than a century Notre Dame Academy has provided a focused educational environment, challenging girls and young women to learn to their full capacities - an achievement greater than their times and their societies sometimes thought possible.
- Notre Dame Academy was founded in 1903 by smart, independent, powerful women, the Sisters of the Congregation of Notre Dame (CNDs).
- These women refused to accept the stereotypes about what girls could or should learn.
- Mother St. Patricia with Class 1961 NDA has always provided a complete academic program, including physics and geometry; and has sought to cultivate girls' physical and athletic abilities.
- NDA students were prepared for college at a time when that was still a radical idea as the norm for young women.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||413 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Staten IslandGrades: 9-12 | 570 students
100 Merrill Ave
Staten Island, NY 10314
NewarkGrades: PK-11 | 70 students
4 Fleming Ave
Newark, NJ 07105
Jersey CityGrades: 7-12 | 230 students
2572 Kennedy Boulevard
Jersey City, NJ 07304
EdisonGrades: 9-12 | 886 students
1 Tingley Ln
Edison, NJ 08820
SomersetGrades: PK-12 | 691 students
1345 Easton Ave
Somerset, NJ 08873
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.