St. Thomas Aquinas High School
- Top Ranked NJ School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 561 students
- Yearly Tuition: $14,500
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
- STA Welcomes New President Peter G. Kane - 07/05/2022Peter G. Kane previously served as the President of Marist High School in Bayonne, NJ.
- Trojan Athletes Conclude Banner Year - 06/13/2022Let's take a look back at some of the highlights from this year!
- Satoma Newsmagazine Earns 1st Place Award - 06/07/2022For the second year in-a-row, the STA Satoma Newsmagazine has earned 1st Place with Special Merit.
- French Students Participate in Long-Distance Collaboration - 06/01/2022Throughout the school year, our French students have been collaborating with a high school in Flers, France.
- Softball Team Takes 4th Championship In-a-Row - 05/28/2022It was an 11-inning game that was too incredible to be believed.
- "Comeback Class of 2022" Celebrates Graduation - 05/26/2022STA is tremendously proud of the Class of 2022, its accomplishments, its perseverance, and its unique mark that it has left on the school.
- Students Show Creativity and Talent at Maker Faire - 05/19/2022The finished projects, many of which were interactive, dazzled attendees and were the culmination of an ongoing process.
- Music Dept Takes Top Honors at Competition - 05/17/2022Each group received marks of either Excellent or Superior, the two highest rankings possible.
- STA Welcomes Girls Soccer Coach Nina Pangan - 05/05/2022STA Athletics is excited to announce the hiring of Coach Nina Pangan as our new Head Varsity Girls Soccer Coach.
- Sr. Donna Marie Trukowski Announces Retirement - 04/30/2022Sr. Donna Marie will retire in June, leaving behind a lasting legacy and generations of grateful students and families.
- STA Athletics Welcomes Coach Tarig Holman - 04/29/2022Holman has 23 years of coaching experience, including 10 as head football at JFK Memorial High School.
- Congratulations to the Top 10% of the Class of 2022 - 04/19/2022Congratulations to the students who will be graduating in the top 10% of the St. Thomas Aquinas High School Class of 2022!
- Students Present Living Stations of the Cross - 04/15/2022A Holy Week tradition at St. Thomas Aquinas High School, the Stations of the Cross were presented by students from all grade levels.
- STA Raises $4,000 for Charitable Ministries - 04/14/2022Dime a Day is not a contest; it is a total community effort to work together, to help the poor and to "change" ourselves.
- Outstanding Students Inducted into Honor Societies - 04/08/2022These students have met the stringent academic requirements for induction.
- Forensics & US Law Students Investigate Murder - 04/04/2022Students join forces to apply their knowledge to solve a "murder".
- Theater Intensive Students Write and Stage One-Act - 04/01/2022Students in Theater Intensive class staged an original one-act show.
- Aquinas Star Easter Egg Hunt Returns to STA - 03/29/2022The night before, the Easter Bunny made an early visit to STA and left big footprints outside some of the classrooms along with egg and other treats hidden within.
- Craig Jandoli Shares Message of Selflessness, Positive Choices - 03/11/2022Noted motivational speaker Craig Jandoli spoke with each grade at assemblies.
- Girls Basketball Team Makes It a Three-Peat - 02/28/2022The girls basketball team earned its fifth GMC championship on Friday and its third in-a-row.
- STA Seals Two Straight Double GMC Championships - 02/28/2022STA is the only school in the GMC to have both varsity basketball teams win the championship twice-in-a-row.
- Junior Ring Mass Reminds Class of 2023 That They’re All in This Together - 02/28/2022The Ring Day Liturgy and Ceremony once again proved to be a true celebration of unity, memories, and what is to come!
- Natalie Neno Breaks School Swimming Record - 02/23/2022Natalie Neno took 1st place and set a new school record for the 100 breast.
- William Zhang '22 Earns Highest Possible ACT Score - 02/23/2022Less than one-half of 1% of all test takers earn the top score.
- Future Lawyers Prosecution Wins Mock Trial - 02/16/2022The Future Lawyers Club`s prosecution team defeated St. Joe`s defense in the the NJSBF Mock Trial last night!
- Girls Bowling Team State Sectional Champs - 02/06/2022For the first time in STA history, the girls bowling team has won the North 2 Group 1 State Sectional Championship!
- Heart Heroes Volleyball Tournament Gets Hearts Pumping - 02/03/2022Hearts were pounding on the court and in the stands as students and teachers competed in the Heart Heroes Volleyball Tournamen.
- Students Enjoy the Return of Old and New Events - 01/31/2022STA has ben determined to make this a memorable year filled with longtime favorite events and a few new ones as well.
- Three STA Students Bestowed St. Timothy Award - 01/27/2022Congratulations to Genna, Erin, and Brianna for being strong examples of faith-filled and vibrant young people!
- STA Yearbook Earns 1st Place Prize - 01/19/2022They were awarded 1st Place in the American Scholastic Press Association's annual yearbook competition.
- Girls Wrestling Team 1st in the GMC - 01/16/2022The Lady Trojans finished the day with the highest point total in the county, and also crowned four individual county champions.
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Adobe Generation Club, African American Heritage Club, Anime Club, Art Club, Book Club, Business Club, d20 Club, Gaming Club, Green Club, Hope for Animals, International Club, Medical Explorers Club, Mock Trial, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Photography Club, Pro Life Club, Science Club, Student Council, Video Production Club, Yearbook, Yoga Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Concert Band, Concert Choir, Jazz Band, Marching Band, Musical Theater, Select Choir, Wind Ensemble
- St. Thomas Aquinas High School is a co-educational college preparatory school of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Metuchen, New Jersey. The School provides an atmosphere in which each individual's God-given abilities are nurtured and developed. Every student is encouraged to strive for spiritual, academic, social, creative, and athletic excellence through the interaction of a caring community. With Christ as our model, the STA community fosters a uniquely Christian environment. Each individual can grow in self-esteem, in social and moral responsibility, and in those values needed to face the challenges of tomorrow's world.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does St. Thomas Aquinas High School cost?
St. Thomas Aquinas High School's tuition is approximately $14,500 for private students.
What sports does St. Thomas Aquinas High School offer?
St. Thomas Aquinas High School offers 17 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track and Wrestling. St. Thomas Aquinas High School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in New Jersey for most sports offered.
What is St. Thomas Aquinas High School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for St. Thomas Aquinas High School?
The application deadline for St. Thomas Aquinas High School is Dec. 1 / rolling (applications are due on Dec. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse St. Thomas Aquinas High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards