Notre Dame Catholic High School
- Notre Dame Catholic High School was founded in 1955. Notre Dame Catholic High School is a coeducational diocesan Catholic high school that provides a college preparatory education to students from a wide area of the state.
- Notre Dame prides itself on its Christian family atmosphere that allows the school to provide a caring and supportive learning environment that meets the needs of individual students on a spiritual, intellectual and social level.
- The school serves a student body of diverse cultures, faith traditions and abilities.
- As a school community, the students, faculty and administration embrace and are strengthened by this diversity.
- Through our academic program, we seek to train each student to think independently, read critically and communicate clearly in an ever-changing and technologically complex society.
- Through our spiritual program, we seek to cultivate an appreciation for worship and a commitment to service.
- Through our extracurricular and athletic programs, we seek to develop not only talents and social skills, but also a sense of community and fair play.
- Overall, our mission as a Catholic high school is to provide a comprehensive program, challenging each student to reach his or her God-given potential.
Notre Dame Catholic High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||495 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP American Government, AP British Literature, AP Calculus AB, AP French IV, AP Humanities, AP Spanish IV, AP US History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,120|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is paid in twelve monthly installments.|
|Admissions Director||Gaetano Marra|
|Admissions Associate||Denise Ayala|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Drill Team,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fairfield Grades: 9-12 | 900 students
1073 N Benson Rd
Fairfield, CT 06824
(203)254-4200 4.3 9-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.