Notre Dame De Sion School
5.00 (1 review)
Notre Dame De Sion School Photo #2 - Centered around a shared mission, Notre Dame de Sion School aims to prepare students for socially responsible, values-based leadership in a culturally and religiously diverse world. Both our Grade School and High School Campuses embrace an “Implicit Curriculum” and an “Explicit Curriculum” rooted in the Charism of the Congregation of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Sion.
Notre Dame De Sion School Photo #3 - At Notre Dame de Sion, we believe teaching to a range of learners transcends individualization of instruction and the provision of academic support. We believe that teaching to a range of learners grows out of the promotion of what the Implicit Curriculum terms “the dignity of the human person and the love that God has for each person in his/her uniqueness.” In summary, a unique “Sion way” is present in all we do. Spread across two campuses and divided into four academic divisions, Notre Dame de Sion School endeavors to meet individual students where they are on their educational journey.
Notre Dame De Sion School Photo #4 - Sion offers comprehensive academic and extracurricular programs that ensure the development of the whole person - socially, intellectually, physically and spiritually. The variety of clubs, athletic teams and other activities available provide endless opportunities for a Sion student to become part of a group, discover new and diverse experiences and develop leadership potential.
- Empower Minds. Transform Hearts. Impact Others. An independent, Roman Catholic school, Notre Dame de Sion of Kansas City welcomes students of all faiths.
- With two campuses in Kansas City a co-ed grade school for ages 2 through 8th grade and a college-preparatory high school for girls Sion is part of a global network of 22 schools offering a unique and diverse educational experience.
Notre Dame De Sion School places among the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||590 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 14|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,300|
|Tuition Notes||This is an average figure; tuition varies according to grade level and program.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Katie Glatz|
|Admissions Associate||Mary Kenney|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Diving, Field Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- For more than 100 years, Notre Dame de Sion has provided an educational experience that transforms the hearts and minds of our students. We are committed to building open-minded, inclusive learners that graduate as self-confident, critical thinkers with a desire to learn. Rooted in the tradition of the Sister of Sion, our school is part of an international network where students engage in a global exchange of ideas and cultures.
- Notre Dame de Sion School is a top-rated independent, Catholic school with a unique mission of building interfaith connections through mutual respect and dialogue. Our grade school serves both boys and girls grades PK - 8 and is located in midtown Kansas City at 39th and Locust. Our all-girls, college-prep high school serves grades 9 - 12 and can be found in South Kansas City at 106th and Wornall.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12 | 1172 students
400 W 51st St
Kansas City, MO 64112
(816)936-1200 6.9 NS-12
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12 | 614 students
11511 State Line Rd
Kansas City, MO 64114
(816)942-4054 1.2 NS-12
- Kansas City Grades: 9-12 | 596 students
5600 Main St
Kansas City, MO 64113
(816)501-0011 5.8 9-12
I went to Sion in the early-mid '70s, from 6th grade through high school. The academics were superb, and have stood me well throughout my career. More importantly, the friendships I made were lifelong. I am forever grateful that my parents chose to send me to Sion.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Ruthanne Greeley
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?