Notre Dame De Sion School
Notre Dame De Sion School Photo #3 - At Notre Dame de Sion, we believe teaching to a range of learners transcends individualization of instruction and the provision of academic support. We believe that teaching to a range of learners grows out of the promotion of what the Implicit Curriculum terms “the dignity of the human person and the love that God has for each person in his/her uniqueness.” In summary, a unique “Sion way” is present in all we do. Spread across two campuses and divided into four academic divisions, Notre Dame de Sion School endeavors to meet individual students where they are on their educational journey.
Notre Dame De Sion School Photo #4 - Sion offers comprehensive academic and extracurricular programs that ensure the development of the whole person - socially, intellectually, physically and spiritually. The variety of clubs, athletic teams and other activities available provide endless opportunities for a Sion student to become part of a group, discover new and diverse experiences and develop leadership potential.
Empower Minds. Transform Hearts. Impact Others. An independent, Roman Catholic school, Notre Dame de Sion of Kansas City welcomes students of all faiths.
With two campuses in Kansas City a co-ed grade school for ages 2 through 8th grade and a college-preparatory high school for girls Sion is part of a global network of 22 schools offering a unique and diverse educational experience.
- Top Ranked MO School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Students: 590 students
- Yearly Tuition: $13,300
- Acceptance rate: 95%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 14
- Source: Verified school update
Notre Dame De Sion School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for:
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 18%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Yearly Tuition Cost
This is an average figure; tuition varies according to grade level and program.
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
- For more than 100 years, Notre Dame de Sion has provided an educational experience that transforms the hearts and minds of our students. We are committed to building open-minded, inclusive learners that graduate as self-confident, critical thinkers with a desire to learn. Rooted in the tradition of the Sister of Sion, our school is part of an international network where students engage in a global exchange of ideas and cultures.
- Notre Dame de Sion School is a top-rated independent, Catholic school with a unique mission of building interfaith connections through mutual respect and dialogue. Our grade school serves both boys and girls grades PK - 8 and is located in midtown Kansas City at 39th and Locust. Our all-girls, college-prep high school serves grades 9 - 12 and can be found in South Kansas City at 106th and Wornall.
Source: Verified school update
I went to Sion in the early-mid '70s, from 6th grade through high school. The academics were superb, and have stood me well throughout my career. More importantly, the friendships I made were lifelong. I am forever grateful that my parents chose to send me to Sion.
Endorse Notre Dame De Sion School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Which Schools Did Our Presidents Attend? Part 3 - Wilson to Trump
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.
July 06, 2022Parents' FAQs About Private School
You have dozens of reasons why you think a private school is a good option for your child. But you also have some concerns. We address those here.