Notre Dame School
- As an educational institution, Notre Dame School strives to provide an environment conducive to both instruction and the formation of the whole person.
- Notre Dame School is steeped in the rich traditions of Catholicism and as such, infuses Gospel values through the total curriculum.
- As a school whose name gives honor and recognition to Our Blessed Mother, we hope to pattern and model our efforts in light of her example.
- With this in mind, Notre Dame School endeavors to teach as Jesus taught and to offer an education of academic excellence and the formation of sound moral and ethical consciousness.
- Our students come to us from a diverse range of cultures, beliefs and abilities.
- Cultures and beliefs are respected and abilities supported or enriched.
- Our goal is to provide our students with the skills needed to succeed in a highly literate society, and then, as responsible faith-filled members of that society, to use those skills to create communities that actively promote social justice.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Resource Room services|
|Total Students||434 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Kindly visit our website for tuition information|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Cheering, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballCheering, Swimming,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Advanced Math, Choir, Drama, Mock Trial Advanced Math, Choir, Drama, Mock Trial,|
- Notre Dame School is a Nursery through Grade 8 school located in New Hyde Park, NY. Our enrollment is healthy, with a student body of 450 students. We have two classes on each grade from Kindergarten through Grade 8. Our Early Childhood program is made up of one Nursery class and four Pre-K classes. Both a half-day and full-day option are available. We enjoy the latest in educational technology, with closed circuit television broadcasts, video-conferences, iPads and SmartBoards in each room. Our students are well-prepared for high school, with 100% acceptance into Catholic High Schools and more than $350,000. 00 in scholarships awarded this year!Students come from school districts throughout Nassau and Queens county. Bus service is provided to those students from Nassau County districts. We pray together each morning as a school community and attend Mass on the First Friday of each month. Notre Dame students are citizens of the world! All classes from Nursery through Grade Eight enjoy virtual travel through our interactive video-conferencing center. Students in grades Kindergarten through Grade Five participate in the Christmas and Spring Show. Students in grades One through Eight may enjoy music lessons and Honor Band through Paul Effman. All students from Kindergarten through Grade 8 work on computers and SmartBoards, enjoy the annual Notre Dame Picnic, compete at Blue and White events, participate in Liturgies all through the year as Leaders of Song, readers, and altar servers, go on curriculum –related field trips, shop at the Christmas Boutique and love dress-down days! Our students enjoy a lunch program that features both hot and cold items, along with snacks and drinks. Grades 4-8 have the opportunity to join our Drama Club and perform in our annual play. Grades 4-8 may participate in the Math Olympiads if eligible. Grade 7-8 may participate in our Mock Trial program. All students have the opportunity to be a part of our weekly television broadcast. Our school follows the NYS Common Core Curriculum and our teachers participate in on-going professional development.
Profile last updated: 08/19/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Garden CityGrades: NS-8 | 541 students
25 Dartmouth Street
Garden City, NY 11530
BellmoreGrades: NS-8 | 340 students
2341 Washington Ave
Bellmore, NY 11710
Floral ParkGrades: PK-8 | 419 students
2 Bellmore St
Floral Park, NY 11001
ManhassetGrades: PK-3 | 193 students
29 Shelter Rock Rd
Manhasset, NY 11030
WoodmereGrades: PK-12 | 255 students
336 Woodmere Blvd
Woodmere, NY 11598
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?