Countryside Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
- Countryside Montessori School was founded originally in 1998 in Manhasset, NY. Our school began with one primary classroom of 7 children.
- We quickly grew out of our site in Manhasset and moved to a beautiful location in Great Neck in 2001.
- 10 years later we have grown to two primary classrooms and two toddler classrooms.
- We were founded with the aim of providing a high quality early childhood education based upon the philosophy, methods and techniques developed 100 years ago by educational pioneer and Nobel Prize nominee Dr. Maria Montessori.
- We are a full affiliate of the American Montessori Society.
- We are a registered school with the New York State Department of Education.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||44 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Manhasset Grades: PK-3 | 163 students
29 Shelter Rock Rd
Manhasset, NY 11030
(516)365-9832 1.9 PK-3
- Rockville Centre Grades: PK-K | 16 students
430 Demott Ave
Rockville Centre, NY 11570
(516)678-5955 7.5 PK-K
- Syosset Grades: PK-K | 108 students
247 Jackson Ave
Syosset, NY 11791
(516)921-4949 11.2 PK-K
I do not recommend this school. The Administration is a mess and not very professional. The school is unable to retain good leadership because the administrative staff is out of control and even gets confrontational with parents. The school lacks focus and does not deserve to be called a Montessori school; and thus, should be not accredited as such.
- Posted by Parent - lolli
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.